Down, depressed, but Determined

Hi! I'm Sherry and I'm hoping to find others who are very obese and struggling or have been helped through MFP. I am 71, and been on many diets but the older I get, the harder the struggle. Would love to chat with you if you are going through the same thing, or have been losing. Need lots of motivation while starting this battle.

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Hello Sherry. I'm almost 71 yes you are right it is harder to lose when you get older. It's best to complete th food diary everyday so that you can see just how much you are eating and what foods and drinks are your problem foods. Be honest and invite some friends on mfp, open your diaries do you can support each other. Good luck feel free to add me if you wish.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I was only slightly obese and only 43, but I too struggled.
    I too had been on diets before.
    The more diets, the more struggling.
    The older I got, the more ingrained my habits and the more stubborn my mindset.
    I too hoped for motivation to save me from myself.

MFP is different. Not everybody likes it.
    MFP encourages you to buckle down and take responsibility for your actions.
    Control what you can control, ignore noise.
    Enjoy the ride.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Mind over matter, Sherry. You can do this 👍🏼
  • MorrisCLFL
    MorrisCLFL Posts: 1 Member
    I am 50, but have started and stopped so many times. I recently went and got my teacher's certification, which is the first thing I've done for myself in years. I hope to jump on this change in my life, so that I might stick to my eating plan and do it for the long hall. I struggle with convenience foods. I am busier than I'd like to be, and eating on the run feeds my feelings too much. Much love and encouragement to those who struggle like me.