My latest bulking and cutting journey.

Options
fb47
fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
edited July 2018 in Success Stories
So I've been doing bulking and cutting for the past 5 years. I have been always a lean person, never had an overweight problem like some have. It was still no fun for me, I would wake up every day and hate what I used to see, I would see a really skinny guy. I decided to make changes when I hit 30 years old and I am glad I gave the gym a shot. I was skeptical at first, thinking that even the gym wouldn't help me build muscles, I figured I was genetically screwed. Thank god, I decided to prove that theory wrong.

This is from my latest bulk and cut, I went from 172 lbs to 160 lbs from late April 2018 to July 26th 2018. For those who wonder, I am 5'9, 160 lbs, I don't do cardio. I usually lift 3 times a week when I am cutting and 4 times a week when I am bulking following the workout program from the book I bought on www.aworkoutroutine.com. I've been using the workout routines in the book for a good 2-3 years and I just love it. Of course, the book had a small role to play in how I built my body, so I am not here to promote it or anything, I am just mentioning that I used the workout routine from the creator of the website.

During my bulking phase, I was eating at most 3325 calories and I was eating at 2460 calories during my cutting phase. I didn't follow any particular diet simply because I don't see the point in doing so, afterall I am healthy male, no medical issues whatsoever. I simply ate any food I want, I just made sure that I met my goals which was to make sure that I hit my calories, protein, fiber and my micronurients. Once those were met, I would then add whatever food I wanted. Here are some photos of my journey, hopefully it can inspire others. If you have any questions, let me know :)

Me on April 8th 2013, I was 158 lbs. This is where my journey started.
80c1o5ms9yav.jpg

This was me at the end of my bulk. At the moment the photo was taken, I was at 172 lbs.
deciiq2wg2hq.jpg

On the left, it was at the middle point of my cut, I was at 167.8 lbs and on the right, it's my current physique at 160 lbs.
mrwf7aewbrft.jpg

And finally the weight loss graph. As you can see, I weighed myself every day.
i08br8mncpju.jpg

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You're killin' it, great job!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Wow look at where you started to now. Hard work and dedication really paid off! Awesome job :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Great work, Fil!!!
  • Ademann1
    Ademann1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Major difference! And it sounds like you are enjoying the journey too!
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Great work, similar tdee and cutting figures as me but I’m not quite there yet, thanks for the motivation 👍
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Should have asked do you take creatine and is the 160 you’re finishing weight. Like as soon as you go back to maintenance I guess a few lbs of water weight come on quite quickly. Do you just run with that or go a few lbs lighter to take into account that initial water gain.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!