Shake that weight

Options
I keep seeing this pop up on my Facebook. I'm actually getting more and more annoyed as I'm getting further down the comments page reading more and more people advocate it.

Not one person (before me sorry but not sorry) was stating the obvious that it works as they're in a deficit which could also be achieved the correct way.

Absolutely infuriating.

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I saw one of the shake weights in a new & used sporting goods store (Play It Again Sports) just the other day. It actually does have some value as an exercise but the juvenile humor (which I admit I readily participated in) killed it.
  • BennettOKC
    BennettOKC Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    I had to Google this, because I thought you meant that this particularly awkward “exercise” was making a comeback:

uy7v99qo8a9m.gif

I did too!!!
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    I had to Google this, because I thought you meant that this particularly awkward “exercise” was making a comeback:

uy7v99qo8a9m.gif

0ba4lw43d9jz.jpeg
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I saw one of the shake weights in a new & used sporting goods store (Play It Again Sports) just the other day. It actually does have some value as an exercise but the juvenile humor (which I admit I readily participated in) killed it.

For even better juvenile humor, look up "Tug Toner". From the Jimmy Kimmel show....
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »

For even better juvenile humor, look up "Tug Toner". From the Jimmy Kimmel show....

Absolutely hilarious. It was the first thing that came to mind when reading this thread. :D
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I just picture the entire R&D and marketing teams sitting around a conference table, all waiting for someone else to say it. Except no one does, and thus we get the Shake Weight :lol:
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I just picture the entire R&D and marketing teams sitting around a conference table, all waiting for someone else to say it. Except no one does, and thus we get the Shake Weight :lol:

Or the one poor soul brave enough to say it promptly got fired.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Absolutely hilarious. It was the first thing that came to mind when reading this thread. :D

I'll raise you...look up the South Park shake weight episode.....
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »

I'll raise you...look up the South Park shake weight episode.....

"Tell me about the women at work that you do not like . . . " I crack up every time.