CURVES

Options
Anyone on here using Curves Complete program? Would love to get feedback and tips!

Replies

• change30
    change30 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have been with Curves for Women for almost 4 months- Aug 15th marks it, I have lost 30 lbs with them so far! So -10 lbs a month is my goal! My weigh-in is Aug 15th I weigh monthly, but I am not on the complete program just the gym, however, the coaches/employees are very motivating and helpful! I also attend the Zumba Classes every week! Every one has their opinions about Curves and mine is I thank God for this place! I work hard and fast when I start my circuit, If You put all your strength, use correct form and work hard through it you will see results! Eventually I plan on hitting the complete program when I hit a plateau, I'm a plus size lady so this gym makes me feel comfortable, and I know what to do on each machine and it shows me my progress on the machines as well as bumping me up when the resistance needs to be tougher. I have gained some Awesome friends too, Cancer survivors, women like myself! All this is helping me on my journey! I Recommend CURVES for Women!
  • kelsiekae
    Options
    I just started it yesterday! I'm really looking forward to the program. I had been a Curves member a couple years ago, and it was there that I got down to my lowest adult weight. I just rejoined and signed up for the Curves Complete program because at this point in my life, I think having the weekly meetings and structured meal planning for the first few months will really help me. Although I can agree to what Diem78 posted, there are some days when I don't feel like it's as challenging as some other workouts I've tried, I found it's really what you make of it. If I push myself, I can definitely break a sweat and I know every workout is cardio and strength training, which I love and need. I really like the energy that Curves provides and I'm more comfortable at a Curves gym right now opposed to a normal gym. I can just go, know what I have to do and get it done. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this takes me! Good luck to you!
  • LilBritGettinFit
    LilBritGettinFit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I did Curves for a while a year ago and I loved it. You get out what you put in. If you half *kitten* all the machines then you won't see results. We had little cards to record our reps on the machines and I just tried to always do that plus one and continued to do that. I would do jumping jacks, squats, lunges etc whatever I could on the rest spots to keep my heart rate up. I will be signing back up once I complete P90X. I too seen the best results when I was going here, not sure why I ever stopped.
  • remimarie
    Options
    Yeah I signed up for Curves Complete in June and have had success in weight and inches lost since then. July wasn't as good because I got injured and couldn't work out for 2 1/2 weeks. Still I lost 1.5 lbs between 7/2 and 7/30.

I also just started Curves Smart yesterday and boy is it hard. I thought it wasn't that hard, based on the ladies that I watched. They were at the orange range mostly. I found out that the ideal is green (obviously). On several machines I attained the 100% goal, but on others I ranged between 60-18%. I find the glute and bicep/tricep machines to be the most difficult machines to get the green light.

How do you effectively use the machines to maximize the burn? Any tips on how to achieve the infamous "green" light?

Thanks for all of your feedback! Good luck with your progress and hope to see some updates. :-D
  • thefragile7393
    thefragile7393 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    How much is it monthly? I have an appt tomorrow to look into it and I want to see if I can afford it. It appeals to me, but if it is too expensive I may just stay doing Biggest Loser DVDs and using my dad's elliptical.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Whether you like Curves or not, frequently depends on the specific branch you join. My sister adored the one she was a member at. I hated every freaking minute of the one I joined, even though I like circuit training.

Good people / staff running it make a world of difference.
  • geaver777
    Options
    Anyone on here using Curves Complete program? Would love to get feedback and tips!

Curves Complete ROCK! Sound nutrition and lifestyle change, not a crash diet. If you never broke a sweat you never pushed yourself...the workout is all on you! You can half *kitten* it or you can go in there and WORK IT! My friend lost 60 lbs in 90 days with Curves Complete...that's about 48 workouts and she looks AMAZING! You can gab or push it.....but the gabbing won't get results. Just like any gym. It won't work unless you do! GO FOR IT!!!! I wish I could post a picture of myself here to show yout he results I got. Lost 20lbs of FAT and gained 12 lbs of MUSCLE. People always ask me what i do and which gym I go to. They have actually called me a liar when I tell them I go to Curves...*shrug*
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    oops, was thinking of different curves
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I agree, the Staff makes a HUGE Difference in whether you like Curves or not. Getting "Green" on the machines is a matter of working Hard and not pausing between the moves (push-pull or lifting & lowering) on that machine. It will take some time and some Practice to get there.
    :heart: I LOVED every minute of My Curves membership (almost 4 Years) and I would still be there, but the only one near me closed down in December.
  • geaver777
    Options
    A great staff makes a HUGE difference, that's true!
  • remimarie
    Options
    How much is it monthly? I have an appt tomorrow to look into it and I want to see if I can afford it. It appeals to me, but if it is too expensive I may just stay doing Biggest Loser DVDs and using my dad's elliptical.

Sorry to just answer this now. But I chose Curves Complete for a monthly fee of $56. I get a personal coach, gym access and online access to a weekly meal plan.

I love it!
  • remimarie
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I agree, the Staff makes a HUGE Difference in whether you like Curves or not. Getting "Green" on the machines is a matter of working Hard and not pausing between the moves (push-pull or lifting & lowering) on that machine. It will take some time and some Practice to get there.
    :heart: I LOVED every minute of My Curves membership (almost 4 Years) and I would still be there, but the only one near me closed down in December.

You are absolutely right!!! Getting a "Green" on the machines is what makes the difference. I aim for all greens, but I'm still getting a few oranges. I would say I'm like 85% in the green. I didn't realize how lax I was with my workouts until I started the Curves Smart. I really thought I was pushing myself for the first month. Boy was I wrong!