How to Record Weight Lifting?

Options
Do any of you record your weight lifting? If so, how? Thanks!

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Are you referring to the calories burned for weight lifting, or keeping track of the exercises?

If it's the calories burned....
    Click Exercise -> Database -> and from the "choose an exercise below" dropdown menu, choose Strength Training (Weight Training, Weight Lifting). If you've created a profile and have been updating your weight, then all you need to do is add the minutes you spent training and it will create an estimate of the calories you've burned.

If it's keeping track of exercises, you can use the MFP tool, or just use a notebook. I use "The Workout Log" by Joe Oliver. This allows me to jot down the exercises and it has columns for six sets, and cells for writing in your number of reps per set and the weight used. It also has an area where you can update weight, measurements, etc. .
  • swanke17
    swanke17 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I was referring the calories burned. I know it's probably not 100% accurate, but I would still like to keep track of it. I already created my own Workout Log to keep track of my reps and weight, but may still check that out.

Thanks!!