Should I invite her to workout with me?

croco4
croco4 Posts: 2 Member
The girl I’m dating commented that she needs to exercise and lose weight. She made this remark in a very hot manner by grabbing and squeezing her belly fat after I complimented her look in a bikini. We both laughed, but she continued: “No, seriously, I’ve been so lazy! I’ve absolutely lost all my muscles and gained fat instead. See?” And she pinched her upper arms, belly (again) and even bum.

Should I really invite her to work out with me?

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Sure, why not?
  • croco4
    croco4 Posts: 2 Member
    Sure, why not?

I don't know, maybe she'll think that I think that she need to workout and lose weight? :smiley:

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    croco4 wrote: »
    Sure, why not?

I don't know, maybe she'll think that I think that she need to workout and lose weight? :smiley:

You should critique her form also to make sure she is maximizing her work out.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Sure, why not?

Hmm. Do you think that she thinks that you think she needs to work out and lose weight?
    Could just be a fun activity to do together.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2018
    no idea, this is definitely one of those situations.

Good luck!

ETA - maybe just mention you are going to go workout? Maybe she will bite without you asking directly?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Sure, why not?

I would just say, "You said the other day that you need to start working out again, would you like to go with me?".
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    You complimented her in her bikini, and you both laughed. That doesn't sound right.

She is your girlfriend, is she really lazy? How long have you been dating?

Honestly, do what ever you want to do. :neutral:
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Why not? Id be ecstatic if a girl thats my type asked to go touring on bike together.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Yes! Do it!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Could backfire - I wouldn’t directly ask her to come (kind of like giving someone a Fitbit for Xmas it could backfire even if you mean well)

But just say - I’m heading to the gym and see if she says she’ll come; or ditto on going for a run etc
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    I LOVE when people make brand new profiles just to come into chit chat and post a question like this!
  • cee134
    I LOVE when people make brand new profiles just to come into chit chat and post a question like this!

It's not even a new question. It's a rehash of an old one.
  • What's the big deal anyway? She told you she needs/wants to be more active, maybe this was her way of hinting she would like you to offer for her to come along next time you workout. Maybe not... she may just be fishing for compliments or dealing with her insecurities in a humourous way. You could always plan something fun that will get your heart rates up without hitting the gym, like a little one on one on the B-Ball court ;)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited July 2018
    The girl I’m dating commented that she needs to exercise and lose weight. She made this remark in a very hot manner by grabbing and squeezing her belly fat after I complimented her look in a bikini. We both laughed, but she continued: “No, seriously, I’ve been so lazy! I’ve absolutely lost all my muscles and gained fat instead. See?” And she pinched her upper arms, belly (again) and even bum.

I suspect she wanted to be told she was crazy and looked fine not that she was looking for an exercise coach/partner from you.

What you could do is after a couple of weeks talk about the workouts you have been doing lately and ask what kind of exercise she enjoys. If it is what you do or would like to do then say you would love to share that activity with her. Ask if she would like to come with you one day to check out your gym or something.

I would not say to her that she should exercise if she thinks she is so flabby.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member

You blew it. . If you had invited her then and there, you may have been able to pull it off: e.g. "I love you just the way you are, but I can help you with lifting if you want to get stronger". . .Unfortunately, now that you've waited, it's much more sketchy. .
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    edited July 2018
    Provided

1a: this is a genuine question and
    1b: you actually like this girl

Just throw it out there, hey, I'm headed to the gym if you wana join me. I don't mind helping you out and showing you the ropes.

What's the worst that can happen? She says 'no' better than always wondering and questioning what could have happened had you never asked.

The worst that can happen is that she says: "Why, do you think I'm fat?". . Something to be avoided at all costs.
  • cee134

I think you should move in together.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Sure, but make sure she understands that this is a no *kitten* around zone. Gyms are serious *kitten* business. She wants to workout, fine. But she needs to know that she can't be running up to you every five *kitten* seconds and asking questions or demanding attention. If she can deal with that? Sure.