Stroke survivor

Options
JasMcK
JasMcK Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hey y'all. 57 yr old, 6 foot guy here trying to lose some pounds. I had a fairly large stroke a couple of years ago that left me with some disabilities on my left side. I'm interested in what others in similar situations do for exercise. Right now, I'm just walking a lot (lost some vision and can't drive) and doing the elliptical thing at the gym.
Started this current weight loss thing in March when i was around 250. I'm now at 219 and would ultimately like to get down below 180.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Options
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations on the progress you have made. After my surgeries, I started with walking and water exercising. It was good for me to get moving again, have a little resistence, and get in cardio without over tiring myself. Good luck to you!
  • cjrmack2014
    cjrmack2014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I had a heart attack a little over 3 years ago. I am 58 y/o 5'11" was up to 216 5 years ago now at 186. I walk a lot and also do hiking (although too hot to do that here in the summer). I also do weight training 3 days a week. Just keep exercising and eating right and get there gradually. Good luck.