Sugar

Options
Ghxstzone
Ghxstzone Posts: 32 Member
edited August 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
So I go over the goal limit on sugar cause of fruit..so should I cut down fruit intake or ?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Eat fruit in season in your area, you will not be disappointed.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    If you do not have a medical reason to be watching sugar in fruit be happy. If you do, then go for fruits that are not as high in the GI.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Fruit and veggie sugars are just that sugars but they come with fiber and nutrients. If I remember correctly there is a correlation with a high added sugar diet and obesity. Though a high fruit diet has no correlation with obesity. So, if you are not drinking a 2 liter of regular soda a day, enjoy that Fruit! I try to have at least a serving a day.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    A high fruit diet does have a correlation with obesity. Too many calories leads to obesity!

That being said, I think the daily calorie limits from sugar on MFP is set too low. Two to three servings of fruit a day should not be putting you over your daily limit!
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Like everyone says, if you don't have any health issues requiring you to limit your sugar intake, you're fine as long as your calories are in check and you meet your micronutrients and fiber needs for the day.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason to track sugar, don't sweat it. I switched my sugar tracker for fiber years ago.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    A high fruit diet does have a correlation with obesity. Too many calories leads to obesity!

That being said, I think the daily calorie limits from sugar on MFP is set too low. Two to three servings of fruit a day should not be putting you over your daily limit!

Well eating too much of anything causes weight gain, but the consumption of fruit tends to show an inverse effect on bw.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20022464/