Protein Intake

Options
What is a good protein intake? I entered in all of my statistics and MFP came up with me having 45g a day. I go over that every day. I hate lettuce, so salads are out for me. The majority of the veggies I eat are raw and I have them as snacks, or the cooked ones I have I use to compliment my meat meal. And I'm not a huge fruit person but I've been trying to eat more fruit. So what's a girl to do? The majority of my meals have been eggs, chicken breasts, steak, beef roast and protein shakes. I read online somewhere that if you have 1 gram of protein for every pound, and stay under your weight, you should be good. But how much protein is too much? If i don't consume as much protein as I have been in a day, I'm super hungry. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Replies

• kristle00
    kristle00 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thankyou very much! I feel much better after reading that!
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I like Peanut butter(SOOO many calories), I like black beans with a table spoon or two of fat free sour cream on the top, I like turkey, it is a meat low in calories and has plenty of protein, Oh of course shrimp, crab and Tuna, all very good choices, egg whites, or you can drink it with almond milk, frozen fruit and whey protein... that's how my husband gets his intake when he lifts weights... Just a few suggestions, but I am sure there are other foods if you Google it!
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Do you have your food diary set so that you can see daily, even by meal, just how much protein your eating, so that not to go under or over to much?
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    If you are of average body fat percentage, then 0.82g per lb of body weight is ideal. If you are higher than average body fat percentage, then 1g per pound of Lean Body Mass is sufficient.

http://mennohenselmans.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
  • kristle00
    kristle00 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yes I can see how much I go over and under-from the websites others have listed and I should be having over 100grams of protein anyways so I'm feeling better about going over MFP stuff. Thankyou Everyone :)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    You can go into your settings and customize your macro % to raise the protein goal.