What to do with shredded chicken?

Options
jkoenig1980
jkoenig1980 Posts: 31 Member
Hey I cooked way to much chicken in the crock pot. Now I have a bunch of shredded chicken breast left over. anyone got a good recipe with macros for it.

Replies

• TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Add BBQ sauce and throw on a roll with some onions. Or add to a soup. Or put some taco seasoning on and make a chicken taco. Or make a chicken broccoli casserole like this one:

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

Approximately 3 cups of shredded chicken
    16 oz bag of frozen broccoli (cooked)
    1 container of cream of mushroom soup*
    1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
    Garlic powder and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, pour into a 9x9 baking dish and cook for 25 minutes. That's it! Easy peasy :)

I love me some shredded chicken!

Um, edit for macros...

230 calories, 7 carbs, 10 grams of fat, 27 protein, 1 fiber
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Place it into a Ziploc (or several), not too much in each bag, freeze flat. It's easy to break off what you need for a sandwich, or incorporate into a recipe, or reheat for a meal.
  • Caitlinhillson
    Options
    Stir fry thinly sliced carrot, broccoli, onion, snow peas and the chicken with some oyster sauce and soy. Yum!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Fajitas
    Tacos
    Enchiladas
    Taquitos
    Chicken salad
    Chicken & cheese stuffed pasta shells
    Cheesy chicken and pasta casserole
    Shredded chicken over rice
    Soup
    Shredded chicken sandwiches
    Chicken pizza
    Manicotti
    Quesadilla
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Mostly I make a chicken curry salad from it.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Nope, but you could throw it in a taco bowl shell, along with shredded lettuce or romaine lettuce, some guacamole, some sour cream, plain, or Greek yogurt, some black olives, shredded cheese, a few tablespoons of salsa and some fresh cilantro and you got yourself a meal! You could put it in the app to see about the macros...You could also thrown it on some Ciabatta rolls or French rolls and make mini hoagies with it, you could do a Southwestern tortilla soup with shredded chicken, and you could do a chicken potpie, you could also throw in bits of biscuits, some cream of chicken, and some fresh peas and have like a chicken and biscuit meal, you could also make chicken noodle soup...
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Add teriyaki sauce with veggies. omnomnom...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Shredded chicken?

Ask it which strength training program it's using and how it sets its macros?
  • jules77az2004
    jules77az2004 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Goodness.. the real question is what can you NOT make with shredded chicken. Taco's, enchiladas, soup, any type of pasta dish, Any kind of chicken sandwhich filling (BBQ, waldorf, tuna style, etc...), green salad topper, the options are endless. Really, any kind of chicken dish that you would normally use a whole breast for... you could substitute the shredded chicken. :) Just weight it to get the amount of chicken you need :)
  • viperk1
    viperk1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I made a low carb BBQ chicken pizza yesterday and it was awesome.
  • justlast
    justlast Posts: 30
    Options
    i just finished eating a whole wheat tortilla with shredded chicken, spinach and homemade bbq sauce - there's so much to do with shredded chicken that i usually buy two or three breasts at once, cook them and keep the shredded meat to use all through the week :)
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    yummm, chicken soup with carrots,corn and cabbage.

Tortilla soup is also delicious.
  • jkoenig1980
    jkoenig1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Goodness.. the real question is what can you NOT make with shredded chicken.

Im starting to realize that. The only thing I make well is BBQ.
  • nurse_shell74
    nurse_shell74 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad.....add lemon juice, little mayo, halved red grapes, celery and slivered almonds.
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Shredded chicken?

Ask it which strength training program it's using and how it sets its macros?

:laugh:

is this shredded chicken already cooked? If it is then put it in a container in the fridge ready to use for salads and sandwiches. I even add precooked chicken breast to curries, i just cut it and throw it in near the end so it heats through but doesn't cook too much. Already cooked chicken breast absorbs whatever flavours you put them in, so you can probably do this with many, many foods. I sometimes do this just to boost the protein content of meals.

if it's raw, there's about a million things you can do with it, or if there's too much, use what you need in a recipe then freeze the rest.

ETA: just re-read and saw it was already cooked, ignore the last bit lol... it'll probably go very well in salads and sandwiches, or any recipe you throw it in. You can also marinade it in salad dressing before using in salads or sandwiches (you can make a dressing with EVOO and vinegar)
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Dijon mustard, some honey and soy sauce, simmer for an hour, toss it over some crisp wok veggies, tastebudfantabulous!

Oh God or... chicken curry walnut salad, use low fat yogurt instead of mayo, add in some cubed apples, crushed walnuts and curry. My husband thinks I'm a cooking angel when I make this for him.
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Oh, so many possibilities! I like it in lettuce wraps with rice noodles with veggies (stir-fried or grated raw) and maybe satay/chilli/soy sauce.

I just used some left over slow cooker chicken for a quick soup this week. I just threw an onion, some spinach, a can of kidney beans, two sticks of celery, a clove of garlic, a jar of passata and some oregano and bay leaves in a pot and let it do its thing. It was delicious.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Once I realized how much sodium was in deli turkey, shredded chicken was the replacement for the meat in my wraps. I do spinach wraps with cheddar, avocado, and shredded chicken almost every single day. I'll make about 10-12 breasts at a time so I have tons of container of it hanging around to use for wraps, on salads, as a snack (especially after workouts), or to add to pastas. It's definitely one of those staples that everyone should have around.