Recipe builder???????

Options
I see posts where the term recipe builder is used, what are they talking about?

Thank you :)

Replies

• daniellewillson3
    Options
    You can create recipes within the myfitnesspal app. I do it all the time :) Basically you enter each ingredient and then myfitnesspal will tell you the number of calories per serving :)
  • rhapsodygirl
    Options
    That's really cool! Thank you :)
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Go to Food Tab, then Recipe Tab, then over to 'Create New Recipe'
    It can be used for something you make over and over and over - so you dont always have to enter it again and again. Or - you can use it just one time-- if you're making a dish that has a lot of components. I love it-- I have about 30 of my own recipes entered-- things I eat all the time. My favorite stirfry lunch (as it's always the same!) or a particular smoothie I make (with protein powder, yogurt, spinach, fruit)... anytime you dont want to enter a whole bunch of little ingredients- it's perfect!

Here's a pic of one of my faves... I make this potato leek soup about every other week. The only tricky part is knowing how many it serves. I wait until I put it all in the blender and blend it up-- then I see how many ounces it is. In this case it was 104oz - so it made (13) 8oz servings. It adds up the whole recipe, but then divides it by the # of servings you enter. I do it on a Mac - not sure how it works on the app for your phone. But I love this feature!! Good luck!
    149t7o7.jpg