Took pics today...it wasn't pretty.

Options
I decided to take some mirror pics today wearing just a sports bra and underwear. I needed to photographic document so I can track my progress each month. I have lost 15 or so lbs since Jan, but have fluctuated with my consistency with food and exercise. The pics show the lack of consistency and my body looks worse than I thought it would (clothing sure does hide a lot). It was a rude awakening, but one I really needed. I hope this shock will get me motivated to work harder. Right now I just want to curl up in a ball and hide under the covers.

Replies

• justinewillcutyou
    justinewillcutyou Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Don’t do that! You can’t change anything while you’re hiding under the covers! I took pictures too. I hated them. I still hate them. But they made me see how badly I let things get and I decided to use them as motivation to never hate what I saw again. You can do it!
  • SuzOh
    SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Don’t do that! You can’t change anything while you’re hiding under the covers! I took pictures too. I hated them. I still hate them. But they made me see how badly I let things get and I decided to use them as motivation to never hate what I saw again. You can do it!

I know, just trying to process it. I've been heavier, I've been thinner, I've taken pics, and I will keep pushing forward. Thanks! 💛
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Moments like that I like to tell myself the camera lies. It always seems to show things worse then what the eye does. At least in my own head so that’s the version I go with so I don’t get so down on myself 🤷‍♀️
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    These picture you have taken may not be desirable to you... but they are HUGE for you reaching your Goal. Progress pictures will help drive you... motivate you... push you!!! You don't have to share them with anyone... however, when you reach goal... You just might surprise yourself and WANT to share them. I am a believer in Progress Pictures!! I know they certainly helped me.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I get you! I hated that first photo. But I love to see the progress now.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    SuzOh wrote: »
    I decided to take some mirror pics today wearing just a sports bra and underwear. I needed to photographic document so I can track my progress each month. I have lost 15 or so lbs since Jan, but have fluctuated with my consistency with food and exercise. The pics show the lack of consistency and my body looks worse than I thought it would (clothing sure does hide a lot). It was a rude awakening, but one I really needed. I hope this shock will get me motivated to work harder. Right now I just want to curl up in a ball and hide under the covers.

you could do, but that wont get you any closer to your goal, will it?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It might not be what you liked to see, but you have made progress and if you stick with it, it will make you feel all the better when you compare a future picture to the ones you took today. The person in that picture is the one who was strong enough to make the change, don't feel defeated - feel empowered!

27adud4cakwt.jpg
  • SuzOh
    Options
    Moments like that I like to tell myself the camera lies. It always seems to show things worse then what the eye does. At least in my own head so that’s the version I go with so I don’t get so down on myself 🤷‍♀️

Yep, just a quick pity party and I'm over it. Thanks
  • SuzOh
    Options
    Aww. Knowledge is power, though.

You're working on it. That's all any of us can do.
    Thank you.
  • SuzOh
    Options
    It might not be what you liked to see, but you have made progress and if you stick with it, it will make you feel all the better when you compare a future picture to the ones you took today. The person in that picture is the one who was strong enough to make the change, don't feel defeated - feel empowered!

27adud4cakwt.jpg

Thank you, and trust me I don't feel defeated at all.
  • SuzOh
    Options

Why not? It's how I felt. I took time to process it and it's just another part of my journey. Thanks
  • SuzOh
    Options

Actually it will get me closer to my goal. This isn't just about the physical. Denying or ignoring the feelings and allowing myself to take time to process is a big part of the journey towards my goals. Even though I took time to reflect on the pics yesterday, I still did a 3 mile walk, floor exercises and logged my food. Thanks
  • SuzOh
    Options

Thank you
  • SuzOh
    Options
    These picture you have taken may not be desirable to you... but they are HUGE for you reaching your Goal. Progress pictures will help drive you... motivate you... push you!!! You don't have to share them with anyone... however, when you reach goal... You just might surprise yourself and WANT to share them. I am a believer in Progress Pictures!! I know they certainly helped me.

I don't regret taking them or the feelings I had when I looked at them. It's all part of my authentic journey, good, bad a ugly. Thanks
  • SuzOh
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. Being upset with the pics was real and a big part of what keeps me motivated to continue on this journey. It's ok to take a rest and process the feelings because too often we are encouraged to ignore them and that's not productive. So even though I was in my feelings after taking the pics yesterday, I also walked 3 miles, did my floor exercises and logged my food. Here's the thing though, even if I had stayed in bed for the rest of the day, that wouldn't have meant I was weak or unmotivated, it would have meant I needed more time to process and grow in MY journey. In any case, thanks for the comments and remember it's ok to admit your moments of self-doubt, it's all part of the process.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Actually it will get me closer to my goal. This isn't just about the physical. Denying or ignoring the feelings and allowing myself to take time to process is a big part of the journey towards my goals. Even though I took time to reflect on the pics yesterday, I still did a 3 mile walk, floor exercises and logged my food. Thanks

Ok
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. Being upset with the pics was real and a big part of what keeps me motivated to continue on this journey. It's ok to take a rest and process the feelings because too often we are encouraged to ignore them and that's not productive. So even though I was in my feelings after taking the pics yesterday, I also walked 3 miles, did my floor exercises and logged my food. Here's the thing though, even if I had stayed in bed for the rest of the day, that wouldn't have meant I was weak or unmotivated, it would have meant I needed more time to process and grow in MY journey. In any case, thanks for the comments and remember it's ok to admit your moments of self-doubt, it's all part of the process.

You’re correct, on all accounts. I cannot speak for anyone else, but my reply back to you wasn’t anything more than trying to relate and encourage. It seems like you feel like you didn’t get the replies and reactions you hoped for. Remember the written/typed word has no tone. Many of us have already walked the journey and we’re just trying to inspire and motivate you. Wishing you all the best in your new lifestyle journey.

• kmeyer6979
    kmeyer6979 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Focus on one day at a time. You can do it! Each day we make it through is one step closer to our goal. You make it through each day and results will naturally happen. It’s tough for many of us. But believe in yourself. Your here, so your on the right path!