Don't Give Up - pic included

Options
psych101
psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
Don't ever ever ever give up!

Down like 129lbs or something from my highest weight. Its never going to be easy, but it will be the best thing you will ever do. Take control. How much do you want it?

wxwt6dhkixg5.jpg

Replies

• bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    What was your journey like? Did you have any excess skin on your stomach to deal with?

I'm never going to give up either but I'm wondering how to deal with a few of the things i can see happening to me :)
  • TheFutureMrsLewis
    TheFutureMrsLewis Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and beautiful! Be so proud of yourself, hard work pays off, well done !
  • laurasurga
    laurasurga Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Did you just lift or do cardio too? I’m currently eating approx 1300cals per day, and doing 20-40 mins exercise 3-5 times a week.
    I would LOVE to get your results.
    I have 5 inches to lose from my waist, 5 from my hips and 2 from bust.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation B) well done!
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    psych101 wrote: »
    bufger wrote: »
    What was your journey like? Did you have any excess skin on your stomach to deal with?

I'm never going to give up either but I'm wondering how to deal with a few of the things i can see happening to me :)

So I lost really slowly over the course of a couple of years. Then I was left with a little bit of loose skin but after a consistent programme of lifting I’ve managed to reduce it down to be merely a crease at the base of my stomach and a bit of droopy skin when I’m in plank position. My arms are sweet and my inner thighs have a little jiggle but nothing major. I credit lifting for that!

Sweet, thanks for answering! I've also lost very slowly and everything is tight except the little pooch is starting to get a bit flappy. I'm carrying most of my remaining fat on my stomach and as im close to goal I expect it'll start coming from there more, im just worried if it goes fast from one place i'll end up having to tuck it in to my shorts :dizzy:
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Wow! Phenomenal job. You look absolutely amazing. I can't believe you don't have more loose skin.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Well done!
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Way to go!!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Love how you lost it gradually.
    Wow! Phenomenal job. You look absolutely amazing. I can't believe you don't have more loose skin.

This! How old are you, OP?
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • psych101
    Options
    laurasurga wrote: »
    Did you just lift or do cardio too? I’m currently eating approx 1300cals per day, and doing 20-40 mins exercise 3-5 times a week.
    I would LOVE to get your results.
    I have 5 inches to lose from my waist, 5 from my hips and 2 from bust.

During my losing phases i will lift primarily but also include some run days. I make sure i get 10,000 steps in a day though. I'm 5'9 and lost on around 1900 calories for the most part.
  • psych101
    Options

So I lost really slowly over the course of a couple of years. Then I was left with a little bit of loose skin but after a consistent programme of lifting I’ve managed to reduce it down to be merely a crease at the base of my stomach and a bit of droopy skin when I’m in plank position. My arms are sweet and my inner thighs have a little jiggle but nothing major. I credit lifting for that!

Sweet, thanks for answering! I've also lost very slowly and everything is tight except the little pooch is starting to get a bit flappy. I'm carrying most of my remaining fat on my stomach and as im close to goal I expect it'll start coming from there more, im just worried if it goes fast from one place i'll end up having to tuck it in to my shorts :dizzy:

Yea, you can't control it - i remember a friend on here saying that it's like drying out a sponge - it dries out all at the same time, so fatloss comes from everywhere you can't control exactly where the loss will be from. If that makes sense.
    Continue to focus on getting lean and overtime it should improve :smiley:
  • psych101
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Fantastic! Love how you lost it gradually.

This! How old are you, OP?

Thank you!
    I am 36, i've had one child as well if anyone wants to know :wink:

I was really worried about the little pouch i had at the base of my stomach, but over time it has leaned out as well, now its merely a crease
  • Ademann1
    Ademann1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your post! I’m also 36 years old, 5’10” and have had 5 c-sections. Love lifting!!

Glad to see others who lose it slowly. I’ve been around the same weight for a year. But I’ve lost a pant size. So weird but I’ll take it.
  • mojonah
    mojonah Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Totally amazing. Great job and congrats.
  • psych101
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    You've done great!

To be honest, I misread the title (very tired) as pie included, and was a little disappointed when I realized my mistake.

haha this made me laugh :smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!