Someone give insight/help

Options
I am wondering has anyone tried weight watchers and found the program really 100% did NOT work for them? Everyone i know is currently following the program i have attempted it 3 times and i am always starving and it just does not seem to be working for me.

I want so bad to get back into a body i am comfortable in. I am thinking of just quitting weight watchers and only using my fitness pal (which i have in the past) but wondering thoughts from others

Replies

• happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I have no personal experience with weight watchers but my mom lost a ton of weight on it. She gained it all back as soon as she stopped using the program (which eventually you will probably stop, because it costs money). Looking back her meals were really, really small compared to what I'm eating losing weight slowly with calorie counting. I think the points system (not sure what it was when she did it, it was in the mid 2000s) skews your diet extremely low calorie unless you eat lots of traditional 'diet foods' (ie salads with low calorie dressing and boiled chicken). There's nothing wrong with those foods, it's just limiting for a lifelong way of eating.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    If you read through these pages you'll find numerous threads about weight watchers. Many people have said that they lost weight easily on previous programs but don't like the current one for various reasons and are switching to MFP instead. If it isn't working for you, there is no reason to stay with it if you like MFP better.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I used to buy their ready meals and desserts. I never did a weight watchers program because I couldn't afford it. I know 3 people who lost a lot of weight on it, but they had tons of willpower and spare cash. I have neither. I bought a couple of ready meals recently but as a diabetic I find them high in carbs, so will split the meals into two portions. The thing about any commercial diet plan is you can't stay on them forever, and if you haven't changed your eating habits, instead relying on the meal programs to do it for you, you may go back to your usual eating pattern, and if that wasn't helpful in the past, it won't be helpful once you come off the plan. Think about what you want your weight loss journey to be. You can't keep chopping and changing if you haven't got the fundamentals in place-- learning/forming healthier eating habits. In the end, you have to decide what best suits you.