When did you learn to be satisfied with smaller portions?

Options
2»

Replies

• mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Never! Volume eating is the only but thing that keeps me on track.
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice everyone!! In my case I think it is an ‘emotional’/habit issue, since I’m not having trouble with regular food. I had one very anti-junk and sugary food parent so I developed a really bad habit of overeating those things when they were available. I still haven’t quite internalized that I am an adult with total control over what I eat and the food will always be available later!
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I try to order something that isn’t completely ridiculous in calories but at the same time every once in a while I just eat what I want. On those days I work harder at the gym and watch what I’m eating in other meals. I’m down 150lbs.

I think after the first three months of watching what I was eating, I learned the values of food nutritionally and I haven’t tracked in a Long time. I listen to my body.

For me, the worst part of eating out is the massive amount of salt in all the food, especially meats. Grilled chicken is one of the worst for me.
  • JinnBee
    JinnBee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25# so far (of the 100 or so I'm looking to lose overall) in 3 months. I'm finding that I can't eat larger portions anymore. I went to lunch the other day and had allowed for a lot of calories, because I wanted a taco salad. I had only eaten half of it when I felt stuffed so I left the rest of it on the plate. The old me would have inhaled the whole thing without any trouble. I definitely think my stomach capacity is less now.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    We usually go out on Sundays for lunch. Normally, I eat lightly for breakfast and lunch and save calories for dinner. I’m hungrier at night. One strategy is to divide whatever I’m having and save half for dinner. I may have to skip my after dinner snack but I don’t feel as deprived.