Intermittent fasting newbie!

Options
LauraSrock18
LauraSrock18 Posts: 125 Member
edited August 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey All! I’m getting bored in my journey so I’m wanting to try something new! I’ve heard good things about intermittent fasting, wanting to try it!

I’m not wanting to try an extreme intermittent fasting window since I’m a newbie! Any advice or suggestions? (I’d rather be able to eat later in the day rather than early)

Also, any success/benefits with Intermittent fasting to break a plateau or weight loss stall?

Thanks!

Replies

• Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    If you've not done it, the first few days take a bit of getting used to. Black coffee mid-morning usually does the trick for me.
  • LauraSrock18
    LauraSrock18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you've not done it, the first few days take a bit of getting used to. Black coffee mid-morning usually does the trick for me.

What’s your eating window?:)
  • marchutchisonsaxon
    Options
    I’ve been doing IF for 6 weeks now and have found no real positives in it other than saving me 15 mins in the morning.
    My eating window is 11am to 6pm and I’m fine at night and first thing in the morning but by 9am I am absolutely starving and my concentration levels drop massively until I eat at 11.
    Today is my last day on it and then I’ll go back to eating oatmeal when I get up
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Personally i hate it and never got past the insane hunger when i was doing 16:8. For me, i found 3 large meals are much better.

Just play around with it to see how you can adhere the most
  • All1971
    All1971 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Don't make life too complicated - just skip breakfast. Make sure you get enough protein and fiber to feel full when you do eat.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    All1971 wrote: »
    Don't make life too complicated - just skip breakfast. Make sure you get enough protein and fiber to feel full when you do eat.

Exactly...just skip breakfast and do not eat after supper and don't tell anyone. I find the moment you mention the word "fasting" people tend to get all opinionated, etc. Yet if you told people I am eating less calories (without telling them that you are skipping breakfast and don't eat after supper) they wouldn't bat an eye. I made the mistake of mentioning it to a few people and then I am constantly asked how is the "fasting" going?
  • tlwagner78
    tlwagner78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat on a 19:5 window with one full healthy meal and a small snack (with fats) about two hours after my previous meal. If my snack is to high in carbs I tend to be hungrier first thing in the morning.