Progress

Options
ankitadwivedi
ankitadwivedi Posts: 13 Member
So I’m always over my goal calories by a few hundred and haven’t been able to goto gym. Not doing so well! :(:(

Replies

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    The gym isn't the only answer to exercise, just use what you have to hand - walk, then walk some more, run up and down some stairs, you can tone with hand weights (or tins of beans).
    Any movement is burning those pesky calories, think outside the box and don't beat yourself up about it.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    One trick I did: when putting away my laundry, I took every individual item from my living room to my bedroom. Each item took 30-40 steps from one room to the other and back. In no time at all I'd done over 300 steps and put all my laundry away. You can think of similar little hacks of your own to add in bits of exercise through the day.
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I found several great workouts on YouTube. From yoga w Adrienne or Erica to Fitness Blender. All levels, types, duration options... I really like fitness blender beginner low impact cardio, standing abs, strength, total body, upper body, lower body, HIIT...
    There are workouts from under 10 min up to at least an hour. And they are positive & encouraging.
    I like variety. I go through gym phases, outdoorsy phases, and at home phases.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I love YouTube video workouts. Lots of good channels. Check out popsugar or gymra both have lots
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Sometimes ot take a bit to settle into what works. Look back at your diary and see what changes you can make to shave a few calories here and there. Then do it again. And again till you figure out how to hit your goal.

As people already said, think outside the gym! Plenty of ways to get some extra movement in.

Keep your chin up. There is a learning curve to every new adventure. You will get there as long as you keep trying.