Do you always work out at the same time?

In other words, do you keep a consistent workout schedule? If so, what time of day do you like to work out?

This week, I have been working out between 10 PM and 11 PM. I found that I'm always hungry after and I end up eating a ton more food than I should! I'm wondering if I'm better off working out in the morning because then I still have my meals that I'm SUPPOSED to eat.

Replies

• xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    I try to work out as soon as i get home, but i have classes some nights.

Sun - around 2pm
    Mon- work out at 9pm
    Tues- work out at 9pm
    Wed - 5pm
    Thurs- 9pm
    Fri- 5pm
    Sat- off

I have class on mon, tues, and thurs, and after every work out i take a protein shake and have a serving of greek yogurt if hungry
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 976 Member
    I usually don't have a consistent schedule because I don't sleep well at night. That affects my patterns for the next day.

I work out most times a 6 am in the morning and at 8-9 pm after getting home from work. Maybe you could try pushing your workout window back a little? Or are you eating lesser during the day than required?
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Mornings work for me. Everyday from 8 to 9
  • aprylc20
    aprylc20 Posts: 18 Member
    I definitely try to work out either after work so before dinner OR Sat & Sun mornings! The gym is really quiet and I can concentrate without people waiting behind me! I try to go every other day (I was on vacation very recently and I am trying to get back into the swing of things.)

-walk with my daughter everyday at least 15 mins
    -yoga on Tuesdays at 10
    -Every other day weights and elliptical at the gym for and hour and a half.

Good Luck :D on your fitness goals!!
  • I work out at the same times every week as it fits in with my study/ childcare schedule

Mondays 9- 10am
    Tuesdays 9-10 am
    Wednesday 12-1 pm
    Thursday 9.45 - 10.45am
    Friday 9.45- 10.35 am
    Saturday 8-9 am or Sunday 4.30-5.30pm
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    I work out from about 4:15am - 5:30 am 5 days a week .......
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Walking every evening except Sunday.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Yep. If my schedule becomes too variable, I end up moving myself, and the gym further and further down the to-do list. This is a personal weakness of mine, meh :ohwell:

To this end, I go to the gym every other day at about 4pm. So far, it's been working well. I find predictability most comfy :laugh:
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Thanks for the great responses, everyone! This is very helpful. I think having a schedule is the easiest way to make working out a second-nature habit. I'm going to start figuring out certain times that work for me and I'm going to stick with it.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Everyday when my son is napping.