Wedding excitement, the dress finally fits!

Options
jorichards2
jorichards2 Posts: 100 Member
It’s been a long slow process to lose 39lbs since I bought a dress that was 3 sizes too small in January.

One of those moments when it was that dress or nothing. The motivation to get into it has put me back on track when I’ve had a naughty week.

Well 6 weeks until I get to wear it and if I lose any of the last 8lbs to reach my ultimate goal it’ll be a bonus.

I wouldn’t necessarily recommend buy a dress way too small for an important event. I’ve had weeks when I’ve felt helpless and down, thinking it would never fit but it’s kept me going for 8 months.

Replies

• tlwagner78
    tlwagner78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss and wedding. Keep at it and drop those last 8lbs.
  • laurasurga
    laurasurga Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Omg I’ve done the exact same thing!! 🤣. I’ve got about another 20lbs to lose to fit in mine. I get married in Feb next year.
  • jorichards2
    jorichards2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You’ve got plenty of time Laura, you can do it. I took a photo of my dress and photographed myself in it each month so I could see it getting closer and closer to it doing up, when I had a bad day or felt like giving up I looked at the photos and the picture of it on the model.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the dress and your coming wedding. Almost 40lbs since January is not that 'long and slow' 😉
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!