Belly fat

Options
Hey guys,
My biggest biggest insecurity is my belly. It keeps getting bigger and bigger because I'm a food addict but I'm trying to change all of that now. I thought the greatest way to begin is by admitting I'm a food addict...its going to be a tough journey but ive once lost weight before, but I seem to doubt that I can do it again.
Any advice on losing belly fat properly would be nice.

Replies

• kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I don't have much advice, I am still learning about this. What I have learned is to be brutally honest and consistent in your logging of food. I love your post and am happy that you've joined us. The first step in the rest of your life.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    My biggest biggest insecurity is my belly. It keeps getting bigger and bigger because I'm a food addict but I'm trying to change all of that now. I thought the greatest way to begin is by admitting I'm a food addict...its going to be a tough journey but ive once lost weight before, but I seem to doubt that I can do it again.
    Any advice on losing belly fat properly would be nice.

Wishing you all the best in your journey. You CAN do it! Don't let off-days derail you. Don't get discouraged. Look at it as a permanent lifestyle change, not a temporary diet. Eat foods you love, just in smaller quantities. Find ways to substitute lower calorie options for some of your high calorie loves. Track every bite.
    Regarding belly fat: since you can't spot reduce, it will come off as you lose weight, but you can tighten those stomach muscles to get a flatter tummy :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where you lose the fat from. If you're losing weight it will come off from all over, and it's likely that the belly will be the last place you see it go from. But doing the things listed in this post will help you look better overall while you lose: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • Bahamaria
    Bahamaria Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I hate my stomach too but walking as helped me lost about 5 inches in 45 day...it will go you just have to start and remain committed.
  • aprilorchid
    aprilorchid Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, my stomach keeps getting bigger and bigger. Maybe we could help motivate each other.