Pancake receipe on the blog

Options
They look amazing but I’m gluten free.
Has any one made them but with gluten free flour instead of whole wheat?

Replies

• JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Aside from them tasting a little different, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Oat flour is usually good for pancakes.
  • travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Aside from them tasting a little different, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Oat flour is usually good for pancakes.

Unfortunately I can’t do oats either.
    Wondered if anyone made them with coconut flour?

I’ve made pancakes mixing banana and eggs. But would be nice to try something different.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Texture could be a little different but they will still taste like pancakes.
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Texture could be a little different but they will still taste like pancakes.

Ok I get and give it try. Thanks
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You may have to bump up the moisture some of you use coconut flour because it's a done. But I would say that it like regular pancakes in that respect and adjust the moisture to get pancakes in the consistency you like. Sounds tasty though!
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

Use my waffle or donut recipe and simply make them into pancakes. It used coconut flour.

Thanks, I lost the thread to your donut and waffle recipe. Any chance of a repost.?
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You have to try Birch Benders pancake and waffle mix! I bought mine at Costco but they have it on Amazon too. Super easy and wonderful.
  • travelling_lots
    Options

Use my waffle or donut recipe and simply make them into pancakes. It used coconut flour.

Thanks, I lost the thread to your donut and waffle recipe. Any chance of a repost.?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10603677/low-calorie-waffles-recipe#latest

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10570146/protein-donuts-using-your-favorite-protein-pancake-mix#latest

Thank you!
    The waffles look amazing. I most definitely missed the thread. I think everyone will be thankful for the repost. I love your suggestion to make pancakes as well with the waffle mix.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I have made what I call "Corn Muffin" waffles and pancakes. Just use corn flour.
    Some day I'll try something with my wife's almond flour. She made a death by chocolate cake with it that was totally awesome. Low GI too.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    @fishgutzy , my family always added frozen corn kernels in the pancake mix, it is very good.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    @fishgutzy , my family always added frozen corn kernels in the pancake mix, it is very good.

When I do the corn muffin waffle/ pancake batter, I double the baking powder and used 2.5 cups of fine ground corn meal (recipe calls for 2 cups of flour) because the corn meal is heavier and it doesn't get as thick as the flour.