Where are the Nerds??

Options
I'm a nerd and PROUD OF IT! I'm into Star Wars (dark side), Star Trek (Jean Luc Picard is coming back, y'all!), Pokemon Go (actually is a motivator to get moving), PS4 (Skyrim and No Man's Sky), and of course anything on Discovery, History, and Science channels. If you haven't watched Battle Bots, you don't know what you're missing. Looking for some like minded nerds making their stamp on this weight loss universe!

Replies

• RanaSimon
    RanaSimon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Finally a nerd thread.

I'm primarily into anime, but also heavy into Marvel, Star Wars, etc. My first goal was to lose weight for my Otakon cosplay and I did it! Lost 30+ lbs and am officially, consistently under 200. Keto diet ftw. Now I'm just going for gold and a proper, healthy weight (plus for more cosplays next year). This year I'm cosplaying as Nana Shimura, previous holder of One for All and mentor to All Might in My Hero Academia. I'll post pics from the convention next week if anyone is interested. Anyone else have cospics?
  • rbccg1979
    rbccg1979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love Star Wars. My real nerdness comes in gaming. I currently play wow, ff14 and DnD. I also love history (was my major in college), science, and just learning about anything that is new or intriguing.
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    rbccg1979 wrote: »
    I love Star Wars. My real nerdness comes in gaming. I currently play wow, ff14 and DnD.

Same, but I've been clean and sober from WoW for almost a year now. I'm currently modding and playing Skyrim SE, pokemon-planet, and 7 days to die.
  • sdanemrtn
    sdanemrtn Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    RanaSimon wrote: »
    Finally a nerd thread.

I'm primarily into anime, but also heavy into Marvel, Star Wars, etc. My first goal was to lose weight for my Otakon cosplay and I did it! Lost 30+ lbs and am officially, consistently under 200. Keto diet ftw. Now I'm just going for gold and a proper, healthy weight (plus for more cosplays next year). This year I'm cosplaying as Nana Shimura, previous holder of One for All and mentor to All Might in My Hero Academia. I'll post pics from the convention next week if anyone is interested. Anyone else have cospics?

I don't have any cospics, but it's absolutely a goal of mine once I lose some weight. So many nerd dudes I wanna dress up as.

• solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hey, hey! I love reading when I have a moment to kick back...usually a fantasy novel of some sorts (currently reading Crimson Campaign by Brian McClellan). Dragonlance & Drizzt novels are among my favorites. I've read most of Anne McCaffrey's "Dragonriders of Pern" series (started those in high school when I was introduced to "Dragonflight"...needless to say it stuck. :lol:
    Still build plastic models on occasion.
    I definitely get my share of gaming in, though mostly racing simulators (iRacing) and Guild Wars 2. I did get to attend PAX in Seattle a couple (maybe 3) years ago when a friend that scored tickets had something come up and couldn't attend. That was pretty crazy.
    I enjoy kicking back to an episode or 2 on Crunchyroll before bed to wind down (SAO, Log Horizon, Walkure Romanze, New Game, Yuru Camp, Overloard, and Gate are some of my faves).

I used to play D&D for a few years, but people moved (Navy life tends to do that) and other groups broke apart.
  • solorex
    Options
    chatnoir89 wrote: »
    Nerdy but a "special kind of nerdom" as described by other fellow nerds. I love pokemon, anime, make up and effects, anthropology, sociology, psychology and languages. Getting into Dungeons and Dragons. I'm also a cat lady. I love cats- especially black ones.

Black cats rock. I've got a pair terrorizing the house. :lol:
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    solorex wrote: »
    Hey, hey! I love reading when I have a moment to kick back...usually a fantasy novel of some sorts (currently reading Crimson Campaign by Brian McClellan). Dragonlance & Drizzt novels are among my favorites. I've read most of Anne McCaffrey's "Dragonriders of Pern" series (started those in high school when I was introduced to "Dragonflight"...needless to say it stuck. :lol:
    I definitely get my share of gaming in, though mostly racing simulators (iRacing) and Guild Wars 2. I did get to attend PAX in Seattle a couple (maybe 3) years ago when a friend that scored tickets had something come up and couldn't attend. That was pretty crazy.
    I enjoy kicking back to an episode or 2 on Crunchyroll before bed to wind down (SAO, Log Horizon, Walkure Romanze, New Game, Yuru Camp, Overloard, and Gate are some of my faves).

I used to play D&D for a few years, but people moved (Navy life tends to do that) and other groups broke apart.

I love it all. Currently reading the Keiko series by Mike Brooks, wanting to get into more Space "operas" after I get caught up on this. Also love anything Brandon Sanderson writes, mainly the Mistborn universe. Been wanting to try iRacing since it blows up on my Twitter feed almost every Nascar race.
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    rbccg1979 wrote: »
    I love Star Wars. My real nerdness comes in gaming. I currently play wow, ff14 and DnD.

Same, but I've been clean and sober from WoW for almost a year now. I'm currently modding and playing Skyrim SE, pokemon-planet, and 7 days to die.

My buddy just recommended 7 Days to Die. Pretty fun? Skyrim SE is my weakness.
  • solorex
    Options
    sdanemrtn wrote: »

I love it all. Currently reading the Keiko series by Mike Brooks, wanting to get into more Space "operas" after I get caught up on this. Also love anything Brandon Sanderson writes, mainly the Mistborn universe. Been wanting to try iRacing since it blows up on my Twitter feed almost every Nascar race.

I'm a roadie, though I have been starting to run some oval stuff with local NW guys. The weapon for tonight...locking down the rear of the field. :lol: Ah well, I have fun with it regardless. Tonight's race will even be broadcast on the GSRC YouTube channel. :smile:
    42973147465_5c8c51eb64_b.jpg

• solorex
    Options
    sdanemrtn wrote: »

I'm more of a roadie, but have started running some oval stuff with the Northwest club. Tonight's weapon...holding down the rear of the grid. :lol: Ah well, I still have fun with it regardless. The race will even be broadcast on the GSRC YouTube channel.

42973147465_5c8c51eb64_b.jpg
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I just visited some guildies 1100 miles away, in Canada. Does that count?

• solorex
    Options
    Ignore, that double. I didn't realize it was held for approval the first time. :lol:
  • heavymetalhippie1
    heavymetalhippie1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    YOU HAD ME AT SKYRIM 😍
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    Ignore, that double. I didn't realize it was held for approval the first time. :lol:

Haha, no worries. Let me know how starting in the back of the field goes.
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    YOU HAD ME AT SKYRIM 😍

Can you really trust anyone you didn't have at Skyrim 🤔