Where are the Nerds??

Options

Replies

• Pegasus6794
    Pegasus6794 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love it...Nerds Unite....i love Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr Who (pretty much any movie or show with a science or supernatural twist, 2000AD, anything Marvel, DC comics, Avid book reader, love post apocalypse, Fantasy Science like time travel, or Supernatural (sadly most of latter are Mills & Boon with Vampires which I'm not interested in lol). I even did a degree in Biomedical Science just for fun (it wasn't so i never used it haha). I weaned my son on Spiderman (almost forced the love) now he's as big a nerd as i am at 24!
  • sdanemrtn
    sdanemrtn Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Love it...Nerds Unite....i love Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr Who (pretty much any movie or show with a science or supernatural twist, 2000AD, anything Marvel, DC comics, Avid book reader, love post apocalypse, Fantasy Science like time travel, or Supernatural (sadly most of latter are Mills & Boon with Vampires which I'm not interested in lol). I even did a degree in Biomedical Science just for fun (it wasn't so i never used it haha). I weaned my son on Spiderman (almost forced the love) now he's as big a nerd as i am at 24!

This one is throwing it back, but ever watch SeaQuest DSV? That show had me hooked as a kid. Watched is recently, so dumb and lame, but so amazing.
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    sdanemrtn wrote: »
    rbccg1979 wrote: »
    I love Star Wars. My real nerdness comes in gaming. I currently play wow, ff14 and DnD.

Same, but I've been clean and sober from WoW for almost a year now. I'm currently modding and playing Skyrim SE, pokemon-planet, and 7 days to die.

My buddy just recommended 7 Days to Die. Pretty fun? Skyrim SE is my weakness.

Yeah it's worth it, you should give it a try. (also, I may have a few thousand hours invested in Skyrim lol)
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    sdanemrtn wrote: »
    rbccg1979 wrote: »
    I love Star Wars. My real nerdness comes in gaming. I currently play wow, ff14 and DnD.

Same, but I've been clean and sober from WoW for almost a year now. I'm currently modding and playing Skyrim SE, pokemon-planet, and 7 days to die.

My buddy just recommended 7 Days to Die. Pretty fun? Skyrim SE is my weakness.

Yeah it's worth it, you should give it a try. (also, I may have a few thousand hours invested in Skyrim lol)

I'll have to give it a look once the fun of No Man's Sky starts to die off. Of course, winter is coming, which is my peak Skyrim time.
  • belladamjc
    belladamjc Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a sci-fi, fantasy and gaming nerd. Reading fantasy mostly, lover of old sci-fi Asimov/Heinlein and earlier. Used to play D&D and wargames, now of course, it's varied Warcraft, World of Tanks and such.
  • sandman1022
    sandman1022 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been a nerd my whole life. It really started to take a hold of my life after my brother got my parents and myself hooked on the original final fantasy for nes. I played magic the gathering throughout my entire teen years. I love reading, gaming, dragons, table top gaming, anime, dragons, learning about anything and everything, dragons and crafting. I also really like dragons.
  • sandman1022
    sandman1022 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me to your friends. You can never have too many nerdy people in your life 😉
  • orochiwarrior
    orochiwarrior Posts: 97 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I’ve been gaming since 1986, days of the good old Atari 2600. I still play the PS1, PS2, GameCube and Xbox. I mostly play PS3 and PS4 now. I watch anime, read manga and listen to Japanese singers, my favourite is Takanori Nishikawa

• solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I've been a nerd my whole life. It really started to take a hold of my life after my brother got my parents and myself hooked on the original final fantasy for nes. I played magic the gathering throughout my entire teen years. I love reading, gaming, dragons, table top gaming, anime, dragons, learning about anything and everything, dragons and crafting. I also really like dragons.

Dragons rock. I actually have a bunch of the old Windstone Edition Pena dragons. They are currently still boxed up from the move right now though.
  • quoteloveunquote
    quoteloveunquote Posts: 16 Member
    Options

My seven year old loves Magic the Gathering! He has trouble finding kids his age who are interested in playing, but hopefully that will change as he gets older. He also loves the old Age of Empires from about 20 years ago that my husband dug out for him. We homeschool and go heavy on the history since that is what he's interested in, so he is so pumped that he is going to spend this year working on the Dark Ages as he plays.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    *Raises hand* My office is filled with little nods to my nerdiness. The Hermione wand hanging above the door to my office is always a conversation starter. The pen I have available to clients to sign paperwork is a steampunk work of art made by a great friend.
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I would probably consider myself a mini-nerd lol. I’ve got some definite nerd going on 😁
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    im not sure about my level of nerdiness, but i like to build pc's, game on pc, addicted to super heros and transformers, and do a lot of tech work like taking apart phones and modifying them. also love taking apart cars

my desk is full of power rangers, batman, transformers, and like a bunch of dragon ball pop vinyls lol

currently replaying mass effect 3. love classic games. deus ex was my jam

prob the nerdiest pic i have of me

43189217564_6d0b774351_z.jpg

Your level is absolutely up there with ours. That pic is legit awesome.
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    I would probably consider myself a mini-nerd lol. I’ve got some definite nerd going on 😁

What gets the nerd going for you?
  • LosingLaurensWay
    LosingLaurensWay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Star Wars (grey Jedi), Star Trek, WoW, GoT, Skyrim sprinkle in comic books and a dash of anime
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    world of war craft is my fav
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    Star Wars (grey Jedi), Star Trek, WoW, GoT, Skyrim sprinkle in comic books and a dash of anime

That is an excellent lineup. Glad to have you.
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    johnw83 wrote: »
    world of war craft is my fav

I have yet to play WoW, yet, but it's on my list.
  • Etiqueta
    Etiqueta Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I looove Doctor Who, Torchwood, Supernatural, Firefly, Mystery Science Theater 3000, and so much more. I play a lot of Sims, Minecraft, Don't Starve Together, RimWorld, Banished, and Diablo III. I read books and comic books when I can, but it doesn't happen often because I have a 5 year old that interrupts every 30 seconds.
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    Etiqueta wrote: »
    I looove Doctor Who, Torchwood, Supernatural, Firefly, Mystery Science Theater 3000, and so much more. I play a lot of Sims, Minecraft, Don't Starve Together, RimWorld, Banished, and Diablo III. I read books and comic books when I can, but it doesn't happen often because I have a 5 year old that interrupts every 30 seconds.

I really need to get back into Doctor Who. Watched one season and liked it.