Skinny fat

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Maybe a slow bulk would be a good plan for you...eat 200-300 calories above maintenance...follow a progressive lifting routine...and then cycle between the bulk/cut every month??? If you do a month of bulking, you aren't going to gain more than a pound or two, and you should be able to lose that within a month of cutting...gaining mostly muscle, losing mostly fat, that might get you to where you want faster than a traditional recomp but also without making you gain a bunch of weight and being unhappy?
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    The first one is from like 5-6 weeks ago, the one in the yellow shirt is from today and the last one is me flexing.

I'm 4'11" and my belly is so big I look like I'm 6 months pregnant on an average day. You have no belly fat. Maybe you need to see a therapist? :(
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited August 2018
    perkymommy wrote: »
    either your scales are wrong or you have a very warped sense of what is a normal amount of bodyfat.

14% is very low and you are not in any way 'skinny fat'.

Agree.

I read somewhere recently that said a healthy BMI is between 25-30. You sound like you are underweight. Maybe you should seek advice from your doctor? Sounds like you have are seeing something that isn't there. I used to be anorexic for years and saw myself as big when I was underweight and stayed under 100 lbs for years. It's something you really can't help when you get to that point but I think you are stressing over something that isn't even a problem.

That's not accurate -- anything over 25 is considered to be overweight (so an individual with a BMI over 25 may or may not be overweight -- depending on their body fat situation, but they are in the overweight range).

I think she may have meant body fat % for women and not BMI.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    I would say your scales are wrong, you aren't 14% bf because (no offense intended :smile: ) if you were you'd look like a female body builder, and you don't.

I'd say work on trying to gain some muscle, perhaps that might help you achieve the look you're wanting to achieve.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    There's a member here who recently posted pictures of herself at around 130 lbs and then again at 150 lbs but much more muscle definition. She look amazing when she was 20 lbs heavier.

Does anyone here remember who that was or maybe post that thread? I think this visual might help OP see how she could look and that it's not at all just about the number on the scale.