Cutting body fat!

Options
Ok so I have been lifting weights for a good 6 month and worked my lil *kitten* off but the thing is! I just have stuborn fat let that isnt budging! Has anyone got any adivce to cutting for a GIRL! I have found loads on guys but they are very focased of male cutting!

Help :) Please!

Replies

• drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You WILL lose it if you are consistent with lifting and keep on eating at a decent deficit.
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You WILL lose it if you are consistent with lifting and keep on eating at a decent deficit.

I'm being impatient arnt I? Ha
  • dianamatienzo
    Options
    Omar Isuf has multiple channels on youtube, one being for women :)
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options

I'm being impatient arnt I? Ha

Yes :smile: But I guess we all are :wink:
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later.

This is the channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sexychefbuff

Not watched any of the vids yet, but will review tonight.
  • langurmonkey
    Options
    I don't think the concept is that different between men and women. Lift heavy and eat a lot of protein is probably the best bet judging from what you posted. I personally like running and that has helped - a lot of body builders do plenty of cardio when they are trying to lose fat.
  • luceegj
    Options
    I don't think the concept is that different between men and women. Lift heavy and eat a lot of protein is probably the best bet judging from what you posted. I personally like running and that has helped - a lot of body builders do plenty of cardio when they are trying to lose fat.

Try being a women! Ha! Na loads of artics are v aimed at men!
  • luceegj
    Options
    Ok so I have been lifting weights for a good 6 month and worked my lil *kitten* off but the thing is! I just have stuborn fat let that isnt budging! Has anyone got any adivce to cutting for a GIRL! I have found loads on guys but they are very focased of male cutting!

doesn't body fat has more to do with diet

As all heavy lifters would tell you abs are made in the kitchen but maintained in the gym! And stomach fat is the hardest to loose! What I'm saying is I have no problem building muscle its getting rid of exces fat!
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    Diet,diet,diet ...................And maybe add 20 min of HII cardio in AFTER your lifting sessions ......or a 60 min walk in the evening ....
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Diet,diet,diet ...................And maybe add 20 min of HII cardio in AFTER your lifting sessions ......or a 60 min walk in the evening ....

This
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options

I've heard this before. Why AFTER the lifting sessions? Just curious.
  • luceegj
    Options
    Well I would say I am on the right track and just need to a patient! :D Thanks peoples!
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose fat, the only way to do it without losing muscle is lifting.
    This is not true. It is certainly not supported by scientific studies. When you lose weight, you always lose some LBM along with the fat. As long as your deficit is small enough that your fat stores can meet it by releasing a max of 31.4 calories per pound of fat per day, you will lose primarily fat. Obese people in studies doing no exercise lose over 80% fat. Exercise increased the rate of loss (by increasing the deficit) but did not increase LBM retention.
  • alliebeth88
    alliebeth88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've found that I was stalled lifting 3x/week with little cardio. I switched it up to going hard with the lifting 2x/week, then a "light" lifting day in between + cardio for 30mins-1 hour (whatever I felt like) and the lbs have started coming off again.

Now my schedule looks like this:
    Monday/Friday: squats 5x5 , bench 5x5, deadlifts 3x5
    Tues/Thurs: off
    Weds: OHP 5x5, 30+ cardio, accessory machines like lat pulldown/leg press, etc.
    Sat/Sun: either off or light cardio/stretching
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

I've heard this before. Why AFTER the lifting sessions? Just curious.

I've not heard of this before, but probably some perceived synergy with "afterburn". Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • luceegj
    Options
    I eat 1200- 1500 cals a day! (Don't start all the not enough crap please) Depending on workout! Eat clean as I can with 130 g protein!

Mondays - Running
    Tuesday -Wednesday: Full body with 30 min cardio
    Thursday Legs
    Friday Arms
    Saturday - Abs
    Sunday Glutes

(Changed week to week but thats rough!)
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose fat, the only way to do it without losing muscle is lifting.
    This is not true. It is certainly not supported by scientific studies. When you lose weight, you always lose some LBM along with the fat. As long as your deficit is small enough that your fat stores can meet it by releasing a max of 31.4 calories per pound of fat per day, you will lose primarily fat. Obese people in studies doing no exercise lose over 80% fat. Exercise increased the rate of loss (by increasing the deficit) but did not increase LBM retention.

I'm not going to take the time to look it up, but I have seen studies that compared two groups at the same caloric deficit. One did weight training, the other did not. The group doing weight training maintained more lean mass.
  • brandyme
    brandyme Posts: 400 Member
    Options

doesn't body fat has more to do with diet

As all heavy lifters would tell you abs are made in the kitchen but maintained in the gym! And stomach fat is the hardest to loose! What I'm saying is I have no problem building muscle its getting rid of exces fat!

I disagree just a little here. A flat stomach is made in the kitchen. Abs are made in the gym. You can do all the lifting you want, that will not (by itself) remove the excess fat. I would be more concerned with cardio and diet if I were you. Don't get me wrong. I do believe you need to maintain or even build the muscle mass but for cutting fat, I don't think the recipe changes, cardio + diet = fat loss.