Excited for family to visit, not excited about eating out

Options
2»

Replies

• divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good job @RadishEater! Sounds like you did good! Glad you brought some healthy snacks along. Isn't that so crazy how much salt you can taste if you have been making things at home with lower sodium?
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    In situations like this I just go out and find the best option. I'm with you on not really liking going out to eat as much anymore, but there are a few restaurants that I still love, and can't replicate on my own at home. (mostly ethnic restaurants. Mexican, Thai, Sushi, etc)

Also, I NEVER order salads at restaurants. I think it's such a waste. For one I'm not a huge salad eater, but usually they add so much to their salads that they have just as many calories as any other item on the menu. So I may as well order a burger or something that I really want.
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Here in the UK we have "light bites" on a lot of our menus. ......its usually the same food but smaller portions. But like most people have said, enjoy your family time together......your good habits won't desert you completely!