IF diet/feel full faster

Options
mhlew
mhlew Posts: 377 Member
Is there any correlation? I’ve noticed since I’ve been doing IF that I now get fuller faster or just fuller from less food. Anyone else?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    It works for some, doesn't work for others. I more or less adhere to 16:8, but I haven't found that I get fuller faster or eat less food - I'm just not particularly hungry in the mornings and I like having more calories in the evening for a big dinner and ice cream for dessert.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    There may be a correlation for you (or it may just be the new dieter's "high"). If it feels easier, continue doing that, just make sure it doesn't flip all the way to the other end of unhealthy by undereating.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    That's the basic premise of IF, and as every dieting strategy, IF works for some and not for others. The principle of weightloss is the same for everybody, always: Eat less/move more.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Honestly, since starting my weigh loss journey, I've noticed that I get fuller faster. I don't want to eat anywhere nearly as much as I used to. However I don't do IF. I just assumed it was my body catching up with the fact that I didn't need to eat as much as I was previously.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I'm sure every individual is different, I'm finding my own variation of IF pretty effective only a few weeks into it.

I'm finding I'm often just "done" eating a lot earlier than I thought I would be, often ending up with food left on my plate for the next meal when I didn't expect to be the case. I only have one big meal a day, and while I'm hungry when it's dinner time, I'm not gnawing my own arm off, and find myself satisfied earlier than I thought I would be.

It's felt odd as that was NEVER the case with eating regular, calorie controlled meals where I was often left hungry after I was "done" eating.