Salt making you gain?

Options
Hello everyone I am
Curious if this happens to anybody else my daily calorie intake is 1550 and yesterday I ate 1532 and then I also did an hour long workout plus a 30 minute interval workout from yesterday to today I had gained a pound on the scale ,but I didn’t go over my calories I did eat a bowl from chipotle and it made me very swollen do you think that the weight I gained is water weight from the salt is it possible to this happened to me when else?

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I am
    Curious if this happens to anybody else my daily calorie intake is 1550 and yesterday I ate 1532 and then I also did an hour long workout plus a 30 minute interval workout from yesterday to today I had gained a pound on the scale ,but I didn’t go over my calories I did eat a bowl from chipotle and it made me very swollen do you think that the weight I gained is water weight from the salt is it possible to this happened to me when else?

You can also gain water weight from exercising - the body holds on to water to aid in muscle repair from the exercise.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Hello everyone I am

You can also gain water weight from exercising - the body holds on to water to aid in muscle repair from the exercise.

Also you can gain water weight for a vatiety of other reasons.

Your body is made mostly of water and it uses water for many bodily functions. Your water will fluctuate all the time. Don't expect your morning weight to be a result of what you ate or drank or did the day before. Only the overall trend after a long time will have any meaning.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I am

yes
  • stacimarie1015
    stacimarie1015 Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Water weight is temporary. Some common causes are TOM/Hormones/Ovulation, Sodium, Muscle repair, Stress, Lack of Sleep, Change in quantity of certain food groups eaten from day to day. Assuming your goal is to reduce weight by losing body fat over time, try not to be caught up in the day to day variations. Compare month to month to see the big picture trend.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I try to keep in mind that my body has other stuff going on other than my eating and exercising but yes usually if I eat something out from a restaurant or frozen meals I get bloated for sure. It should come off in a couple days. I wouldn't eat that way every single day but it should be fine.