Losing 20 pounds by September 5th.

Options
2»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    OP looks very young, too. Perhaps too young to even be here? And isn't Sept 5th, the back-to-school date?

20 lbs in a month is dangerous. Please do not even attempt it.

Schools here start next week
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    OP looks very young, too. Perhaps too young to even be here? And isn't Sept 5th, the back-to-school date?

I wondered about that too. Around here school has already started back so I wasn't sure and I also thought that could be the OP's kid.

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

I wondered about that too. Around here school has already started back so I wasn't sure and I also thought that could be the OP's kid.

In Canada, schools are back in at the beginning of September.

And 'lizardmama" could likely just mean she has a pet lizard. ;)
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

Bingo. I've been seeing similar posts on another board that I read.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Can lizards survive in Canada with all that freezing weather? :tongue:

I have no idea if that is her or not. I was going to say something yesterday about her potential age and then thought about how often the avatar is not the poster's pic. She is not too young to learn about dangerous dieting methods if she is considering one.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins (1/2 lb to 1lb per week).

4%20Yoda.png
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

My daughter's school in the UK start back September 5th
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

My daughter's school in the UK start back September 5th

The US is weird in this. Some places in the south have already started. I'm in the midwest and everyone here goes back in the next week or two. Then everyone else in the country is usually after Labor Day weekend (the first weekend of September).
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    You mean by September 5th, 2019? Sure. Totally doable.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

despite common misconception people there dont live in igloos and use dog sleds to get around lol

where my fiance is, summer is comparable to summers here in the south (VA near the NC line). hot, humid, sticky.

on to the lizard ... my fiance actually found a little lizard illegal immigrant in a pile of mulch bags at home depot a couple of years ago. so what does he do? picks it up and takes it home. Then the illegal immigrant lizard became an illegal immigrant to the US when he snuck him over the border to come live with my hermit crabs (crabtopia). Lizard lived for aboout a year until i neglected him and he died. i still feel bad about that :(

no, he would not have survived a Canadian winter. But in summer in Home Depot's garden area, he managed just fine.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    oh and schools here start next week (we actually have open house today). schools in canada i think start back after labor day (pauls kids are in college so im not sure of exact date for them, but somewhere around there. i know its later than we do here)
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I have no idea if that is her or not. I was going to say something yesterday about her potential age and then thought about how often the avatar is not the poster's pic. She is not too young to learn about dangerous dieting methods if she is considering one.

Frozen lizards are great to drive the dog sled team on when your leaving the igloo for some poutine and ketchup chips.

And some Caesar mix to go with your vodka eh
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.