I Create my success story here :)

Options
Stud47
Stud47 Posts: 389 Member
edited August 2018 in Success Stories
Hi guys

I'm 48 yo man, looks much younger lol but fat. I started gaigning weight at my thirties : mariage, kids, very tasty food not always healthy.

In 2013 i did a health check up and got some bad results: cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. so i decided to follow a diet and run or do fast walking. I restricted my calories intake to 1200 cal. results : i lost about 30 lbs in 3 months. I did a second health check up and my doctor was surprised by my results: all the bad values have disappeared.

Unfortunatly, my lost wasnt on strong basis and i didnt make a right decision to change my life style. So i gaigned back what i lost if not more.

Right now im 188 lbs (friday 3 th 2018) and my goal is to reach 155 lbs and then maintain it.

My strategy:

Amount of calories : 1200 - 1500
No restrictions except : sugar, sodas, bread, pasta, etc.
Cardio
Intermittent fasting (OMED)
Saturday or Sunday: free day

Second month: i will add some lifting (light)

I'll post some pics showing results and my progress

Current weight : 188 lbs
Primary Goal : 174 lbs
final goal : 155 lbs

See you

P.S: Excuse my English, i'm francophone

Welcome to anybody who is still making his Success story

Replies

• Stud47
    Options
    Before lol i mean NOW

First Week friday 13th 2018

ilabwzxespzi.png
    kk8yx5kxbn0v.png
    vqrbhjcpn732.png
    vtscbbtz8tyi.png
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Dad body. We all have it. You are starting in your 40's, that's great. I would add weight lifting now, it will really make a difference. Good luck!
  • Stud47
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thanks MuleCanter. Yes i will add it, the reason why i wanted to wait untel the second Month is that i wanted to see quickly some weight loss and get some motivation. You know lifting = muscles and muscles = weight so i wont know if i'm loosing or no. But u are right with lifting we improve the metabolism and that helps to lose fat and gain muscles.
  • Stud47
    Options
    Thanks Middlehaitch for your advices

However, 1200 calories is the minimum a woman should eat, not a man. A man has a minimum of 1500 to meet the basic of nutritional needs.

True : actually average losing on cardio is 300 cal so i will eat them that makes 1500 cal

Adjust your goal to 0.5 a week when you are down to your last 10-15lbs.

Ok good strategy indeed

Losing slower will help with muscle retention and help avoid any problems that may arise from low nutrition.

As soon as you have your logging and deficit on point, like @mulecanter above said, start lifting.

Log your cardio and lifting, both under the cardio dropdoen in your diary, and eat back a steady percentage of those calories. I ate 100% and that worked for me, but some start with 50 or 75% then adjust depending on results.

Exact

If you are going to work out you need to fuel the work out. It is also the way MFP is set up to work.

You are losing the weight and starting to exercise for your health and family.
    Do it in the most healthy and sustainable way.

Very True

No good need be avoided, just eat within your calorie goal and to your nutritional needs.

Cheers, h.

• Stud47
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Ok i have the answer
  • Stud47
    Options
    Hi buddies

Today is my 5th day on IF. No hunger, not tired and i feel very well. Yesterday i had to work at my office late until 6:30PM so i did 22,5 / 1,5 instead of 20/4.

• creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this!!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Stud47 wrote: »

However, 1200 calories is the minimum a woman should eat, not a man. A man has a minimum of 1500 to meet the basic of nutritional needs.

True : actually average losing on cardio is 300 cal so i will eat them that makes 1500 cal

Ok good strategy indeed

Losing slower will help with muscle retention and help avoid any problems that may arise from low nutrition.

As soon as you have your logging and deficit on point, like @mulecanter above said, start lifting.

Log your cardio and lifting, both under the cardio dropdoen in your diary, and eat back a steady percentage of those calories. I ate 100% and that worked for me, but some start with 50 or 75% then adjust depending on results.

Exact

If you are going to work out you need to fuel the work out. It is also the way MFP is set up to work.

Very True

No good need be avoided, just eat within your calorie goal and to your nutritional needs.

Cheers, h.

Noif you are burning 300 you should be eating 1800
  • Stud47
    Options
    Thanks creationscrown ;)
  • Stud47
    Options
    Stud47 wrote: »

Ok good strategy indeed

Exact

Very True

Cheers, h.

Noif you are burning 300 you should be eating 1800

Yes i know but i made the choice to eat 1500 cal per day for a while as many Can decide to waterfast (0 cal), to do egg diet or juice diet.
    Its more question of their choice than not knowing how their metablism works.
  • Stud47
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Well its still better than overweight' s effects: diabets, cholestérol, aterial pressure. Etc .. thanks anyway. ;)
  • Kane68
    Kane68 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing Intermitting fasting, tried OMAD last year, but later found that 16:8 works better for me. Good luck, do what feels right. Also can't recommend highly enough that you should start lifting, if you're fairly new to lifting your gym should write you up a routine, I found keeping a workout diary when you're at the gym critical to success.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Go for it, you CAN do this!!!!!
  • Stud47
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thank you guys for your support, i need that. Yes Kane, my next workout today will include lifting. I have done bodybuilding in my twenties and thirties so i pretty much still remember my routines. I Hope that my muscles do too. Generallly muscles have memory and can respond very quickly when trained again.
  • Stud47
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Today is one week since i started 1500 call and day 6 of intermittent fasting, i really enjoy it. This last 5 days, i ate between 4PM and 8PM only. Did fast walking everyday (average 45 min per day).

Starting. Weight : 188 lbs. Today: 183.4 lbs (-4.6 lbs). I know that we cant see lot of changes on my body in a week but as i commited to do, i will post progress every week.

Pics or the1jcbcab9ybxo.jpeg
    zg8ipv3qjnls.jpeg
    tnehw0rhn4a8.jpeg

• Stud47
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi my friends

I'm still challenging myself and creating my success eventhough i dont post more often ;).

This week i kept doing intermittent fasting, i have lot of energy and my digestion is lot better. I did full bodyworkout with dumbells, cardio, biking..
    Starting. Weight : 188 lbs. Last week: 183.4 lbs but i figured out that my bathroom floor is not well leveled so i moved it to my livingroom because it gave me the same weight (more accurate)

So last week my weight was actually 184.53 instead of 183.4. Today my weight is 183.2 lbs. Total Lost so far : 4.8 lbs.

I was taking pictures each saturday morning so here's my weekly progress : not lot of changes on pics but way better in Real.

Thanks for your support

fm3ddof5e4be.png

d74p4gakgp40.png
  • Stud47
    edited August 2018
    Options

horc2spty5ma.jpeg
    khd4z1eeqtr0.jpeg
    1gx1ljmwowan.jpeg
    ffaut2scmdvc.jpeg
  • Kane68
    Kane68 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Definite progress there, you must be delighted, keep it going.
    I started about a week before you, took a photo at the time, plan on taking another after a month. I'll post here when I do. My sats. are:

Age 49
    Height 5'8''
    Starting Weight 205lbs (29/07/2018)
    Weight Last Friday (I only weigh once per week) 197lbs

I run, cycle and lift.
    Not really counting calories, I just eat moderately in my window.
    My Target is about 175lbs.
    started doing 16:8 but I'm doing 20:4 at the moment, because I do shift work it can very a little. Getting the odd hunger pangs, but passes quickly also becoming less intense.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!