Losing Weight within six months

Options
I've got a question-in the Fitbit community I've been seeing several people who have lost 50-100 pounds in about six months. I'm happy for them and would like to achieve the same results. How is this possible? I'm really hoping I can lose 50 pounds within the next five/six months so I can FINALLY have BR surgery. Thanks!

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    When I got to goal a couple of years ago I did it within 5 months. I started in January. That year we got quite a bit of snow so I was outside sledding with the kids a lot and walking on my treadmill regularly. I continued through that summer but by mid May that year I was at my goal weight. I was able to do it by eating within the recommended calories here and doing some type of activity every other day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    They ate fewer calories than they burned throughout the day. You need a deficit of 1000 calories per day in order to lose 2 pounds a week (the maximum safe rate of loss), which would get you to 50 pounds lost in 6 months. However, that rate is not for everyone. 2 pounds per week is usually good for someone with 75 or more pounds to lose or who weighs at least 200 pounds, which would have them losing about 1% of their weight per week. If you don't have as much to lose, having too high a deficit can backfire, leading to additional muscle loss and the possibility of other serious health issues.