Apps that record mileage for your runs..

Options
13»

Replies

• cmsmj1
    cmsmj1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Endomondo for me

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/227426992/9304627

it is great and has been very useful as I went from couch to 5k novice to now running 5km regularly
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    It is a bit different from the other apps but my favorite is "Zombies, Run!"

I actually hate running but I tag along while my wife is training for a marathon. This app has kept me going far more than anything out there.

So instead of just tracking mileage/mapping your runs/reporting along the way it does something far different. It is basically like a run through story where you are the main character. In a post apocalyptic world where zombies have taken over, you are part of a settlement in which you are a runner. Your main task is to go out on missions from getting supplies to saving people to well...it is kinda endless and a great plot. It uses your headphones like you were wearing a headset and communicating back with your base.

So you start your mission, You hear basically the plot start to unfold about your mission along with some awesome sound effects around you like you really were in the situation ( like gates raising, zombies maoning around you, other teamates talking to you). Once the little piece of the story is done playing then your running playlist turns on. In between songs more and more of the story unfolds. It has all the features like the more popular apps like mapping your run, logging statitics about each mile, readouts of mileage while you are running, even can import the data in stuff like mapmyrun if that is what you mainly use.

It's not free, I believe its around 4 bucks but seriously the best 4 bucks I've spent in awhile. I would easily pay double that now I know its worth to me. Just a suggestion of an app that I really love.