Cranberry Juice Cleanse?

Options

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    As long as your kidneys are functional, there is no reason for a "cleanse". If they are not functioning, you need a doctor.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I tried cleansing with cranberry juice once. It left all my countertops sticky. :neutral:

That second sentence is not where I thought you were going with that... :o
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I tried cleansing with cranberry juice once. It left all my countertops sticky. :neutral:

That second sentence is not where I thought you were going with that... :o

Where did you go with it? :bigsmile:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Guys! You forgot the astragulus and dandelion! Once you add that it, it's completely legit:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/114977-drink-cranberry-juice-detox/
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Sorry - I didn’t mean drinking just the cranberry juice and not eating. I just meant as a reset of incorporating that WITH a calorie deficit! Definitely was not just going to drink juice lol!

That being said, I think I don’t need to do it at all after reviewing these!

The problem is that a "reset" is more diet industry woo, just like cleanses and detoxes and "jump starts". We're not computers or bowling pins, we can't be "reset".

Seriously - the diet/weight loss industry is a multi-billion dollar juggernaut which gets rich off selling people things they don’t need and that don’t work. They’ve spent a lot of time and money to make their advertising as appealing and convincing as possible, but it doesn’t change the fact that 99.9% of what they sell is snake oil.

That’s a great way of clarifying! And I agree! Although I feel like a cranberry juice company isn’t targeting the diet industry or encouraging this type of myth! It’s just all those weird blogs you see!

I appreciate the input!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    You don't need a reset, a reboot, a restart, a jumpstart, a defrag, a reformat, a rebalance, a pressure wash, or whatever car, computer, or plumbing maintenance analogy the diet industry insists you need to spend your money on.

I totally want a defrag now. You have no idea how much I think this would help me (not for diet, but for my brain).

You need an entirely new operating system more than a defrag......

:)

I need more memory...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    You don't need a reset, a reboot, a restart, a jumpstart, a defrag, a reformat, a rebalance, a pressure wash, or whatever car, computer, or plumbing maintenance analogy the diet industry insists you need to spend your money on.

I totally want a defrag now. You have no idea how much I think this would help me (not for diet, but for my brain).

I need more memory...

Me, too! Install some more RAM, please!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

I need more memory...

I think I just need to move all the baseball stats, Dr. Who quotes, commercial jingles, old TV show theme songs and assorted other useless information into the cloud and free up memory for really important things like remembering where in the heck I put the birthday gift I got for my husband.

On topic, I did drink cranberry juice for a lot of years thinking it would help with UTIs. Not sure it did, but I guess it didn't hurt anything. Never tried it to cleanse anything.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »

I need more memory...

I think I just need to move all the baseball stats, Dr. Who quotes, commercial jingles, old TV show theme songs and assorted other useless information into the cloud and free up memory for really important things like remembering where in the heck I put the birthday gift I got for my husband.

On topic, I did drink cranberry juice for a lot of years thinking it would help with UTIs. Not sure it did, but I guess it didn't hurt anything. Never tried it to cleanse anything.

Bit TMI i guess but i suffer from UTI's fairly often from PCOS complications, I can confirm cranberry juice does indeed help alot. I always figured that was woo xD
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    All cleanses are useless gimmicks, sorry!