Metabolism Revolution by Haylie Pomroy

Options
I saw Haylie Pomroy on Rachael Ray promoting her book "Metabolism Revolution: Lose 14 Pounds in 14 Days and Keep It Off for Life". It kinda reminded me of "The Zone" diet (which I had great success at 25 years ago) where you count macros instead of calories. Based on the amount of weight you have to lose, she "maps" out the number of macros needed at which meal.

Anyone familiar with this diet? Thoughts?

Replies

• auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Unless they say specifically that you’ll lose 14 pounds of fat in 14 days they aren’t technically lying lol. Water weight is weight and you can lose it or gain it just like fat weight. 😉
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Counting macros is exactly the same as counting calories while targeting macro goals, because (carbs and protein = 4 calories per gram, fats = 9 calories per gram, alcohol = 7 calories per gram). So, do whatever's easiest.

There's not much solid science suggesting that meal or nutrient timing is important, except insofar as it affects individual, personal satiation and happiness, because satiation and happiness affect compliance with a sensible calorie goal. (There's some research suggesting that older people (like me, 62) may benefit from spreading protein through the day because we're less efficient at metabolizing it, however.)

So, I believe in whatever keeps the process simple & manageable, and doesn't require a complete immediate overhaul of pantry contents and eating/cooking habits.

FWIW, this is what I did at age 59-60 to lose 50+ pounds in just less than a year (while hypothyroid, BTW), but with the false starts and mistakes left out:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Unless they say specifically that you’ll lose 14 pounds of fat in 14 days they aren’t technically lying lol. Water weight is weight and you can lose it or gain it just like fat weight. 😉

if you lose a lb of fat you arent going to gain that 1lb back overnight like you can with water weight. sure you can put fat weight back on but its not going to be as easy as water weight as it would take going from a deficit to lose it to a surplus to gain it. you dont need either of those to retain or lose water.