Premium worth it?

BriTyler3
BriTyler3 Posts: 110 Member
Hey guys! Not new to MFP, but i am starting my journey once again. This time i am trying to make it my lifestyle, instead of losing the weight & then stopping.

My question is, do you think its worth it to
Go premium? Thanks!

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Is It Worth It ??

Without a Doubt !!

.... what does it include again?
  • onevtcent018
    onevtcent018 Posts: 11 Member
    For me it is, I’ve been doing Keto for months & have had a lot of digestive issues. This helps me track electrolytes and I’ve been doing 100 times better since monitoring macros, nutrients & calories. Down 52 lbs so far.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    For me it is, I’ve been doing Keto for months & have had a lot of digestive issues. This helps me track electrolytes and I’ve been doing 100 times better since monitoring macros, nutrients & calories. Down 52 lbs so far.

down 52 pounds ??

tenor.gif?itemid=4606499
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member

Wow way to go that's awesome
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member

Congrats on the weight loss! For me it wasn't worth it but I haven't ever tried it so I can't really compare. Came here to see what other people have said to see if I might change my mind.
  • onevtcent018
    onevtcent018 Posts: 11 Member
    Yeah, you’ve gotta do what works for you. I tried a hundred things before something finally worked. The documentary The Magic Pill is what got me researching Keto/Paleo.

Thank you everyone for the kind words!
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Depends on your goals. I got a year of premium included with my samsung gear sport. I like being able to set calorie goals for each meal. I find it helps me portion out my calories better. I also like it for map my run time splits. It allows breaking down splits to as low as .1 miles (my preference is .25 mile splits. I only run 2-3 miles at a time) There are other things it can be used for, but those are what I have personally found to be useful.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    1) I am a capitalist, I think people should be paid for their work. I don't like the "I want everything for free" attitude.
    2) I hate ads.
    3) I am an old school computer guy.... before the internet. We had programs that were "shareware", you tried a program for free, if you liked the program you sent the author some money. Usually buying the registered version gave you expanded features, like MFP premium does.

So... I paid for something that has helped me to lose 30lbs so far, that is important. I have access to extra features for a year. The program has been successful for me and the authors deserve to be paid for their work.

My one complaint is the database is a mess, it really needs to be cleaned up.