Trying this again

So this is my third time trying to lose weight and use this app. I get hyped up in my head about all the things I want to do, but I never follow through. I lose my steam pretty quick and it sucks lol. Any tips and support would be very much appreciated 😁

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I can't and won't offer support (I imagine you want support to continue what you're doing?), but I have a tip, and that is to stop trying and start doing, and not get hyped up, and instead make a plan you can see yourself, realistically, be able and willing to stick to for, say, five years.
  • I feel your pain because I've been there myself!

The best advice I could give is to just start small and work from there. I think we all try to be "perfect" when we start a new diet / fitness routine but going from one extreme to another just isn't realistic or sustainable so inevitably we struggle and give up only to start again a few weeks later...

Bear in mind that a semi-optimal weightloss plan tat you can stick to 100% of the time is infinitely better than an optimal weightloss plan that you can only stick to 50% of the time.

Make small changes, just focus on each day, and keep going! Results don't come overnight.

Some ideas of small changes - switching to diet/zero calorie drinks, switching to no added sugar/reduced sugar/low calorie sauces and dressings, switching to 5% fat beef, serve yourself a little less protein/carbs and bulk up your meals with vegetables

I hope some of this is helpful for you! :smile: