Weird Feeling in Knee from Squatting/Lunges

Options
2»

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    How bad is it to do sumo Squats, lunges, good mornings/front squats, sumo clean deadlifts and stiff Leg deadlifts in one day? Stupid question, but I love doing lower body workouts and want to improve my legs.

For someone who has just started lifting, depending on reps, sets, weights, days per week, and other training, would say you are overstressing your joints and ligaments.

As a beginner, try following a beginners programme as written, don't make up your own.

Get your knees checked out before you damage them.

Try rereading the good advice you got on previous threads.

Cheers, h.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    How bad is it to do sumo Squats, lunges, good mornings/front squats, sumo clean deadlifts and stiff Leg deadlifts in one day? Stupid question, but I love doing lower body workouts and want to improve my legs.

How often are you doing all that?
  • BlackPantherChick123
    BlackPantherChick123 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I do full body 3x a week. I just feel like I don't have enough lower body and feel like I can do more and I done some yesterday and felt good. I'm just gonna have to replace lunges because I feel like I'm aggravating my knee more than ever.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    See a doctor
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions and insight!!!!
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your knee has become unstable. My wife had similar symptoms and was diagnosed with an ACL tear. I wouldn't stress the knee without an orthopedic evaluation.

Highly unlikely to be an ACL year with no pain and no visible bruising (the ACL bleeds like h*ll when torn).
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your knee has become unstable. My wife had similar symptoms and was diagnosed with an ACL tear. I wouldn't stress the knee without an orthopedic evaluation.

Highly unlikely to be an ACL year with no pain and no visible bruising (the ACL bleeds like h*ll when torn).

you can tear an ACL without any bruising or bleeding. and sometimes its not even super painful. Depends on the actual injury. A popping sound is generally a ligament stretching or tearing. Instability is a big clue of an acl issue. If you had an acl injury prior and your knee healed you will feel fine like nothing is wrong until you twist your knee or step wrong and then you'll realize there is a problem.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »

you can tear an ACL without any bruising or bleeding. and sometimes its not even super painful. Depends on the actual injury. A popping sound is generally a ligament stretching or tearing. Instability is a big clue of an acl issue. If you had an acl injury prior and your knee healed you will feel fine like nothing is wrong until you twist your knee or step wrong and then you'll realize there is a problem.

I’ll bow to your superior experience but in all my years I’ve never known of a new ACL tear that wasn’t accompanied by severe bruising and pain. Only when there is total separation and/or previous history of ACL tears (usually resulting in surgery and scarring) have I know it to present with no pain or hema. But again you probably have more experience.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »

I’ll bow to your superior experience but in all my years I’ve never known of a new ACL tear that wasn’t accompanied by severe bruising and pain. Only when there is total separation and/or previous history of ACL tears (usually resulting in surgery and scarring) have I know it to present with no pain or hema. But again you probably have more experience.

salty much?