5'7" 160lbs and 20lbs to lose! Losing my mind!

Options
2»

Replies

• emmyj269
    emmyj269 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" 1/2. My start weight was 165.5 and been doing the 1200 calories and it has been working brilliant for me (I don't exercise much and if I did I would eat back my calories).

And you can loose 2lbs a week, that's what I average out at. I started 12 weeks ago and have lost 24lbs so far and I am only 2lbs to my goal weight!

I know everyone is different but weight loss remains the same .... eat less calories than you burn = weight loss! Simple!

Within these 1200 calories though, the food still has to be healthy. I still get all the nutrients I need and never feel hungry, in fact my meals are quite large! It is also a good idea to weigh your food as I used to estimate and get it very wrong.

I also have treats when I want to ... friends bdays etc and nights out ... I'm just careful in what I choose to have.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" 1/2. My start weight was 165.5 and been doing the 1200 calories and it has been working brilliant for me (I don't exercise much and if I did I would eat back my calories).

And you can loose 2lbs a week, that's what I average out at. I started 12 weeks ago and have lost 24lbs so far and I am only 2lbs to my goal weight!

I know everyone is different but weight loss remains the same .... eat less calories than you burn = weight loss! Simple!

Within these 1200 calories though, the food still has to be healthy. I still get all the nutrients I need and never feel hungry, in fact my meals are quite large! It is also a good idea to weigh your food as I used to estimate and get it very wrong.

I also have treats when I want to ... friends bdays etc and nights out ... I'm just careful in what I choose to have.

You're losing weight too quickly. You should really be aiming for .5-1 lb per week, as you are likely losing significant lean body mass.
  • krazykate483
    krazykate483 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

So I am in need of some advice. I have 20lbs to lose, which I have been trying to lose for a while, but I get frustrated when I don't see the number on that evil scale move and then get discouraged.

CAn I ask why the # on the scale matters? How do you feel about setting goals that are based on performance or measurements? i.e. to have a 30" waistline or to run a sub 8 min mile?

I normally work out around 5hrs a week, burning approx. 600 cals. per workout.

What type of workouts do you do? Running, strength/resistance, stretching. You may be doing a type of workout designed for a unique set of goals??

Should I be eating more calories?

What are you eating? Do you track macros? If not, here is a great place to start:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Or will this weight just never budge?!?

Body Composition can be an overwhelming challenge. I sometimes forget to give myself created for the progress I've have already made. When I feel like I'm not getting anywhere I do a set of before & after pics so I can see the progress.

You'll get there...just keep making small changes to your lifestyle that you enjoy & the rest will fall into place.

I know the number is just a number, but I know what number I was at when I felt good about myself, which is why I want to see that number again.

I was only doing cardio, but I plan on starting strength training this week.

I was eating 1200 calories, but I think I'm going to up my cals to atleast my BMR and see what happens.

Of course everyone wants the weight to fall off fast, and I know it doesn't work that way, its just frustrating.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    It took me a lot longer to lose weight once I started getting closer to my goal, but it was still do-able.

I ate around 1400 + ALL my exercise calories, which typically means about 1800 per day.

Now I'm maintaining at 1600 + exercise (so about 2000).

I'm 5'-6.5", started at 170 lbs, now 125.