Basketball Players with Flat Feet

Options
For those of you who play basketball in a competitive league or play competitive pick up games every weekend, and take your rehab seriously, what is your training regimen for keeping your body in top shape year round even though you have flat feet?

I'm 30, 5'7, 154lbs. I've begun to feel aches in my knees and back from playing competitive basketball. I'm looking to completely change the way I train and keep my body in shape because I know the wear and tear on my joints has been mostly due to my flat feet. I know flat feet cause muscle imbalances and all sorts of havoc on the kinetic chain, and has not bothered me to a degree that would affect my performance on the court. But now that it's noticeable and is forcing me to change the way I play on the court, I need to change and evolve because I want to keep improving as a player.

For those of you who created your own training program based around your flat feet, how did you do it?
For those of you who followed someone else's training program, can you please provide links to their website, video, etc?

If you would like to message me to share your in depth info about your training that would be great as well.

I'm attaching a picture of my left foot so you can see the degree of the flatness of my feet.066s4ievspo2.jpg

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Following along. I didn't realize any of my aches and pains might be caused by the shape of my feet...
  • storyofodreams
    storyofodreams Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Following along. I didn't realize any of my aches and pains might be caused by the shape of my feet...

Our feet are our base, so most pain and aches originate from there.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Maybe it would help to know what kinds of aches and pains you're talking about. I'm pretty sure mine have little/nothing to do with my feet. Mine are in my hips, hams, glutes and lower back. Foam rolling/stretching those muscles and doing some hip mobility movements have helped a lot.