Obsession is making it worse

Options
I have been obsessing about my weight for over a year now and I do so many activities and diets and have gained 10 pounds. Even stopped drinking for a month nothings working and I’m giving up hope.

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    nhackel1 wrote: »
    I have been obsessing about my weight for over a year now and I do so many activities and diets and have gained 10 pounds. Even stopped drinking for a month nothings working and I’m giving up hope.

If you're going to obsess about your weight anyway, why not enter your stats in MFP, set a goal of .5 - 1 lb week loss, and keep track of your calories. I think that might give you some positive feedback and help you feel more in control.

Stop with the diets. Figure out what you like to eat and what helps you not to feel hungry, and eat those things within your calorie allotment.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Never give up hope!! You can do this. Have you eliminated processed food?
    Please don't add to the confusion/fear. "Processed food" is the new bogeyman.

The OP needs to know how things work, and give feedback of having understood, before we can say "you can do this". She already does so many activities and diets. False information does not help, hence nothings working.