Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New to lifting

2»

Replies

• bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »
    I just started lifting not too long ago. I did stronglifts 5x5, and had made some good gains from there. after I got used to it, I made my own program. stronglifts 5x5 suggests 3 days a week

I did Stronglifts starting out, too. I now have four state powerlifting records. I <3 Stronglifts.

that's awesome. the only thing I don't like about SL is that it doesn't take recovery and actual gains in considerations. it gets pretty difficult to add 5 pounds after every session when you reach a certain weight, or ur max. I lack sleep and occasionally protein so a lot of times I struggle to complete it, and just cause I can, doesn't mean im ready to add another 5 lol.

I haven't looked the program over or awhile but I thought he recommends a deload when that happens.

its possible, but I only dled the app. its a simple app that just tells u to do 3 lifts. u complete it u add 5 pounds for next session. maybe theres a version where its more in depth

Take a look at the program on line. I'm pretty sure you do a deload week when you plateau, then restart progress. Maybe other will chime in on this. @quicksilver296

Yes, the website is more comprehensive, including deloads, form videos and more.

Yes. And I bought fractional plates for when I couldn't go up 5 whole pounds. OHP, I'm looking at you!

I bought the ones linked. Then I could go up a half-pound, if needed.
    https://www.amazon.com/CFF-Competition-Rubber-Fractional-Weight/dp/B0158QP2EY/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1534167263&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=fractional+plates+weightlifting&psc=1

I got something similar to this for micro loading, it seemed cheaper than micro plates: https://smile.amazon.com/ID-USS-Flat-Washers-Pack/dp/B00O7S1MTO/ref=sr_1_3?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1534682769&sr=1-3&keywords=washer+2+ID
  • ron555bravo
    ron555bravo Posts: 17 Member
    And on top of all the great training advice....remember that the "condition" that you are interested in will be the result of your bodyfat percentage dropping and not just your exercise selection. Muscles are always "toned".....sometimes they are just hiding under our layers of bodyfat. Best of luck!