Religious argument

Options
kchapman588
kchapman588 Posts: 55 Member
I finally told my grandmother I was Wiccan (I even held back the facts that I am a shaman and I do the craft), but she just got really mad continued to tell me there is one god and devil, heaven and hell. Despite how many times I told her the religions were not that much different she just got mad and said her statement again. She did the same type of thing when I told her that pit bulls and Rottweilers, were the cutest/nicest type of dogs that I have met. What do I do?

Replies

• kchapman588
    Options
    Plus if there are any other wiccans and/or shamans, please add me
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Give yourself the gift of loving her as she is (and likely always has been), not for who you wish or want her to be. Stay on your own path to the infinite and the ephemeral, and send love to her as she continues along her own path.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you have said what you have to say. she has responded. you cannot change her by words but you may change her by your actions
  • kchapman588
    Options
    Thank you
  • kchapman588
    Options
    I do love her it’s just that, after ten minutes
    I just brushed it off
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    Your grandmother, how does she feel about pop tarts?

Plain or frosted?

Strawberry or chocolate?

Answer carefully. ......
  • kchapman588
    Options
    I have no idea, but I would guess frosted
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    Give yourself the gift of loving her as she is (and likely always has been), not for who you wish or want her to be. Stay on your own path to the infinite and the ephemeral, and send love to her as she continues along her own path.

Amen
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, but I would guess frosted

Hold her close and never, ever let her go.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Or - and hear me out here - you hex the living *kitten* outta her.