Nothing's happening

Options
Hello I have been trying to lose weight for a while I quit drinking soda almost a year ago and have been going to the gym 3 times a week for the past couple months and have lost 5lbs but the body naturally fluctuates between 5lbs I feel like I'm putting in all this effort and getting nowhere I'm thinking about trying the keto diet, if anyone has any pointers please let me know.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you counting calories and logging everything on here as accurately as possible (i.e. using a food scale)?
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring all the food you eat and drink accurately?
    Are you recording everything you eat and drink and staying within your calorie budget everyday?
    Are you eating less calories than your body is burning?
    Losing weight is mostly about eating less calories than you burn.
    Exercise is great for overall health, but consuming less calories than you burn is how you lose weight.
  • Princesschichos
    Princesschichos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off keeping a food diary but i forget most of the time when I was recording it I was coming in under on most everything
  • Princesschichos
    Princesschichos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will try that, thank you
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    As per above, you have to log EVERYTHING and weigh EVERYTHING.

It does work as long as you are committed to logging everything accurately.

• Pammipitt
    Pammipitt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration. I am going to see my nutritionist on Friday. This is one of the messages I have shared with her. It seems like you work hard and put in so much effort but the results are slow coming. Most of the people I have talked to tell me that it will take some time. Stick with it and stay encouraged.
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    What per centage of your life did it take to gain the weight you want to lose?

It is reasonable that it will take a similar amount of time to lose that weight permanently!

But, eating fewer calories than your body burns will take off the pounds, just not as fast as you wish it could happen!
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    First off, do you have any health conditions. Diabetes, thyroid issues, etc. you’re not obligated to disclose that info.

You want to be on a calorie deficit, find out what your BMR is. Which is how many calories your body burns just by being alive. Then from that you can determine your maintenance calories. Which is the amount of calories a day you need to remain the same weight. From that maintenance calories, you would subtract for example 500 calories a day. 1lb equals 3,500 calories, if you subtract 500 a day, in 7-days(1-week) you would lose 1lb. That’s why calorie counting is vital, keep this going and you WILL lose weight guaranteed. You can’t gain or remain the same weight on a calorie deficit.