over 40 mid section

Options
I'm losing weight but it seems like my mid section will not go down someone tell me some exercise I can do for this problem area. explode:

Replies

• ELVISDEAN
    Options
    well its a combo of exercise and diet...and the most important thing..meal timing...
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    As far as I know no exercise can really help you to loose weight on only one particular area of the body. I guess it's just to keep on dieting and exercising. Sooner or later that will go too. Is it correct you just started and didn't lost that much yet?
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    You will hear over and over than you can't spot reduce. I completely understand where you are coming from. I have always carried my extra weight in my midsection, and it has only gotten worse as I have gotten older. Eating lower carb and cutting out wheat has helped a lot, but I am still battling the belly. I am down to my last 30 pounds and have lost all I can lose pretty much everywhere else, so I can only trust that at this point, the belly MUST start to go.
    Hang in there and it will eventually come off. Or so I hear! lol

ETA It took me losing about 25 pounds before I dropped a pant size. I am down about 3 sizes after 50 pounds. I am holding on to hope that these next 20-30 pounds will finally get me into single digits again. It is just how my body is built. Some people lose in their waist first and their hips and thighs are the last to go. My hips and thighs are super lean now, so I am just waiting for the belly to catch up!

Age definitely plays a part in it with women tho. It's all about the hormone changes. :grumble:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements? There may have been changes that were very obvious. If you haven't started taking measurements, I'd encourage you to do so now. Progress pictures too.

Even if there really hasn't been a change, there really isn't much you can do about it. The body loses how it wants to and none of us are the same. Some hold their fat in their thighs and butt, some hold it in their bellies and some hold it all over.

Eat properly to lose weight, exercise for fitness. As you lose more weight/fat, your belly will get smaller. Patience!
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What everyone is saying is true. It is the combo of eating and exercise. What has helped me the most has been core strengthening. I have been doing Pilates for almost 2 years and have done more to wittle away what I call my menopause hump. But anything that targets your core will help.