how to boost my weight loss

Options
hi
just found my fitness pal and so far looks good , this is my journey so far ive already lost 4 stone since the end of january and ive started to slow down on the weight loss so im hoping this can help me count my calories fat intake and sugar to give me back the boost i need , just over the 50 mark for my age so as most ladies would empathise not easy at this stage in life , any hints for me would be much appreciated , im still loosing but getting frustrated its not enough xx

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you have lost over 50lbs then your weight loss SHOULD slow down. thats not a bad thing.

you might want to consider a diet break. how much weight do you have left to lose?
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Weigh and measure and log accurately everything that you eat and drink. Move more.
    Eat less calories than your body burns and you will lose weight.
    I bought into the age myth (harder to lose weight after 40) for years, but it really isn't any harder than at any other age, as long as there are not any health issues. I am 66 and it is working very well for me.
    All foods in moderation and serving size accuracy. No food is off limits. I just make better choices, like one small piece of dark chocolate (which I now prefer over milk chocolate) versus a whole candy bar.
    Good luck to you!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You've had a great loss, 2 pounds per week on average.
    As you lose weight, weightloss slows down, because you have smaller fat stores to take a calorie deficit from.
    MFP is just a tool to track food intake (and exercise). You make it work.
    Focus on calories. Fat and sugar tracking is secondary/auxiliary. You are inadvertently "forced" to eat better in order to keep eating less.
    You can't get a boost, and you don't need it.
    You mean you are 50 years old? Every person has their own struggles, some changing with age, other more or less permanent.
    Be patient.
  • dollychurch
    dollychurch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    if you have lost over 50lbs then your weight loss SHOULD slow down. thats not a bad thing.

you might want to consider a diet break. how much weight do you have left to lose?

• dollychurch
    dollychurch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    not prepared to say how much more i have to loose :smile: