Home gym in a tiny space

Options
I live in a Brooklyn apartment and am using part of my living room as a workout space. I've got around 80 sq ft to spare. I'm hoping for some advice in maximizing my space/equipment. If anyone else has a miniature home gym, it'd be great to compare notes!

This is what I have:
kettle bells 15 & 20lb
free weights 3, 5, 8 & 10lb
3.5lb adjustable ankle/wrist weights
resistance bands
yoga mat
ab roller
chin up bar
aerobic stepper
pushup stands

I'm thinking of adding:
light weight rowing machine (that I can store under the couch or in a closet when not in use)
Bodyweight Resistance Trainer

Replies

• dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Will. This was helpful!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    My first suggestion would be a suspension training system (TRX, gymnastics rings, similar).
    Second would be adjustable dumbbells (heavier than what you've got now - you're capable of more than you think).
    3rd would be decent running shoes.
    4th would be an adjustable bench.
  • dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    My first suggestion would be a suspension training system (TRX, gymnastics rings, similar).
    Second would be adjustable dumbbells (heavier than what you've got now - you're capable of more than you think).
    3rd would be decent running shoes.
    4th would be an adjustable bench.

Thanks for the tips. The body weight resistance trainer is basically TRX. I have running shoes - but I also have plantar fasciitis, so I can't be doing much of that until my PT gives the okay. Good tip on the adjustable dumbbells. I've been looking at them, but they're a bit pricey for me at the moment.