Kicking a soda habit

I used to drink a lot of diet mountain dew. Ive been drinking TOGAVO instead and its been working out pretty well. It’s a much healthier option. I’ve been going about a month now.

Replies

• gommle
    gommle Posts: 1 Member
    For every soda I DON'T drink, I budget $3 for buying a new gaming PC.

I used to buy a soda at work every day, and several liters every weekend, but now I've stopped. Because I really want that gaming PC...
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I decided years ago soda and sweet iced tea were something I can live without and gave them up. Now water tastes good and think of all the money it saves.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,997 Member
    Gave up sodas "cold turkey" 2 yrs ago, lost 44# since then and don't regret or miss them.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Why is Togavo healthier? Isn't it an energy drink?
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    I was a long time Pepsi drinker, had a bottle everyday. About two years ago I started getting sick of the overly sweetness of soda and just started cutting back. I still had a ginger ale now and again but the Pepsi just didn't go over well. After a while I realized I liked the fizzy more than the sweet and started drinking unsweetened flavored seltzer. This was fine for a while, I didn't drink a lot and it got me through my fizzy craving.
    Now I don't miss and soda or fizzy. The other day I had a couple of sips of soda and I couldn't drink it, it tasted flat to me, (it wasn't) and I couldn't take the sweetness.
    I guess I am over that.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,230 Member
    I understand the money saving point if people were drinking a lot and can change to free water instead.

Of course that logic goes for anything else anyone is spending regular money on that they could forgo - coffees, ice creams, newspapers etc.

But I presume Togavo is not free either so no advantage that way.

Will keep drinking diet sodas myself - equivalent of around 3 cans per week so no breaking the budget there. Or any other harmful effects.