A Loooong Time Coming!!!!

Options
FITNLUVINIT
FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
Well my friends it has been a very long time since posting much of anything here on MFP. I started out 6 years ago joining this sight and weighing in at almost 300 lbs. I dropped almost 100 lbs just to find 40 back again in less then a couple of years. Thank the Lord I didn't put everything back on and then some but it has been a real struggle. So of course life happens as they say and after it being 6 years and a long roller coaster ride up and down with my weight I can now say I am only 45 lbs away from my goal weight and I will have lost 140 lbs in all. So I say this to tell you all don't ever give up keep pushing through regardless of what life throws your way. You are worth getting healthy for no matter how long it takes!!!! By the way I will be turning 54 in a couple of weeks so age doesn't matter you got this!!!!

Replies

• makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    You got this, you did it before you can do it again. Once you get there you can choose to keep pushing forward or begin learning to maintain.
  • SuzOh
    SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Well my friends it has been a very long time since posting much of anything here on MFP. I started out 6 years ago joining this sight and weighing in at almost 300 lbs. I dropped almost 100 lbs just to find 40 back again in less then a couple of years. Thank the Lord I didn't put everything back on and then some but it has been a real struggle. So of course life happens as they say and after it being 6 years and a long roller coaster ride up and down with my weight I can now say I am only 45 lbs away from my goal weight and I will have lost 140 lbs in all. So I say this to tell you all don't ever give up keep pushing through regardless of what life throws your way. You are worth getting healthy for no matter how long it takes!!!! By the way I will be turning 54 in a couple of weeks so age doesn't matter you got this!!!!

Thank you for sharing your inspiring story!

I will be 54 next month and have been on that roller coaster too. I've lost and gained the same 60 lbs a few times over the last 15+ years. By the end of last year I had totally fell off the wagon and got back up to close to my heaviest weight (220). This is after doing consistently well for about 3 years and even taking up running (I did over ten 5 and 10k races in 2016). In January I started back monitoring my food and gradually increasing exercise. I've struggled to stay consistent at times, but I'm down close to 20 lbs now. I decided to start reading and sharing on Community posts a few weeks ago and I've even joined a few challenges. I have a wedding to attend in early Oct and want to be down a dress size (10 - 12 lbs). I find that mini goals work best for me, so that's what I'm sticking with from now on. I want to lose at least 40 - 50 more lbs and then will evaluate if I want to try for even more.

Thank you again for sharing and congrats! We got this!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Totally needed this. Thank you! Very inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!