4 hour body / intermittent fasting

Options
Hi Everyone,
Anyone here doing the 4 hour diet / body or doing intermittent fasting? I like to see or hear about your success

I been doing the 4 hour diet and lost 16 lbs since I started that program. I reached a platous and in addition to the 4 hours diet I also started doing the intermittent fasting 5:2.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Your weight is determined by your calorie intake/expenditure over time. Success lies in finding a diet/exercise regimen you can stick to.
  • Tuplatano
    Tuplatano Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I agreed with that
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Hi I've done intermittent fasting before with an 8 hr eating window and 16 hrs fast. I suggest if you're struggling for results then adjust your eating window to keep the body guessing
    Oh, your body figures it out just fine. Not eating for 16 hours isn't really a fast. It's one of the "intermittent fasting" "protocols", but it still lines up to a perfectly ordinary meal schedule, for instance, breakfast, lunch and dinner, 4 hours apart. It's better to decide what results you want, and why you're struggling, and do something else, preferably soemthing that doesn't create new, larger problems.
  • Tuplatano
    Options
    Hi I've done intermittent fasting before with an 8 hr eating window and 16 hrs fast. I suggest if you're struggling for results then adjust your eating window to keep the body guessing

Hi, thank you. I just started doing the 5:2 approach. Regular eating 5 days and fasting with no more than 500 calories a day , twice a week. I will see where the results take me. For me I cant see the 5:2 system as an style of life, maybe just for a few months. For a life changing approach I think the 16:8 system my be better for a long time.. I plan to giving that one a try after I'm done testing the 5:2. Thanks for the input
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Tuplatano wrote: »

Hi, thank you. I just started doing the 5:2 approach. Regular eating 5 days and fasting with no more than 500 calories a day , twice a week. I will see where the results take me. For me I cant see the 5:2 system as an style of life, maybe just for a few months. For a life changing approach I think the 16:8 system my be better for a long time.. I plan to giving that one a try after I'm done testing the 5:2. Thanks for the input

not sure how accurate but with the 5:2 everything I read says itd 500 for women on 2 days and for men some say 600 and others say 800,with eating at maintenance(is that what you mean by regular eating?) the other 5 days
  • Tuplatano
    Options

not sure how accurate but with the 5:2 everything I read says itd 500 for women on 2 days and for men some say 600 and others say 800,with eating at maintenance(is that what you mean by regular eating?) the other 5 days

Yes.. you still need to eat within your calories limits the other 5 days ( in my case under 1500 calories).

I heard on fasting days it is 500 for women, 600 for men.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,996 Member
    Options

Yes.. you still need to eat within your calories limits the other 5 days ( in my case under 1500 calories).

No, the standard protocol for 5:2 is to eat at maintenance for five days, getting all of your deficit for the week on the other two days. "Your calories limits" sounds like the deficit goal MFP or some other calculator generated for you, especially when you say it is "under 1500 calories" in your case.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

ok no thats not how 5:2 works and under 1500 is NOT recommended for a male,unless under a drs strict care. you eat what your body needs to maintain your current weight those 5 days NOT your calorie deficit MFP gives you(which has a deficit already built in)and you eat 600-800 the other 2 days which is creating a calorie deficit.. your maintenance for a male is not going to be under 1500 unless you are an outlier.sedentary,elderly or very very short. you dont look elderly. not sure about the rest.

you are eating under 1500 which isnt healthy which means you already have a bigger deficit but if you eat your deficit 5 days a week and only 600 the other 2 you are creating too big of a deficit. which is why you are supposed to eat maintenance calories the other 5 days. a bigger deficit is not always better. and eating too little can result in issues with health and other things down the road.
  • Tuplatano
    Options

ok no thats not how 5:2 works and under 1500 is NOT recommended for a male,unless under a drs strict care. you eat what your body needs to maintain your current weight those 5 days NOT your calorie deficit MFP gives you(which has a deficit already built in)and you eat 600-800 the other 2 days which is creating a calorie deficit.. your maintenance for a male is not going to be under 1500 unless you are an outlier.sedentary,elderly or very very short. you dont look elderly. not sure about the rest.

you are eating under 1500 which isnt healthy which means you already have a bigger deficit but if you eat your deficit 5 days a week and only 600 the other 2 you are creating too big of a deficit. which is why you are supposed to eat maintenance calories the other 5 days. a bigger deficit is not always better. and eating too little can result in issues with health and other things down the road.

Ahhhh.. Thank you for the clarification.. I just started the 5:2 so i will making those adjustment you mentioned.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Ahhhh.. Thank you for the clarification.. I just started the 5:2 so i will making those adjustment you mentioned.

yw.