Post your low carbs Spanish food here

Options
Anyone have some good healthy spanish food recipes? Arroz con pollo, mofongo, Asopao, Moro de guandules, mangu, empanadas etc.

I'm looking for authentic Dominican, Cuban, Puerto Rican food, Mexican , etc.. I want to see your low carbs edition.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Go to the Recipe board for recipes.

If you tamper with recipes, they're not authentic anymore.

A healthy diet is balanced and varied. There are so many ways to balance and vary a diet, I'm sure you'll be able to find meals that suit your preference and your nutritional needs.
  • Tuplatano
    Tuplatano Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • MiaisMIAinMiami
    MiaisMIAinMiami Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe, but a carb/calorie cutting tip. When you make rice, make a mix of rice and riced cauliflower. Play with the proportions to see how much cauliflower rice you can handle before it stops tasting like rice. I usually do about 2/3 riced cauliflower, 1/3 rice. You can find it fresh at a lot of grocery stores, frozen at pretty much every grocery store, or just buy a head of cauliflower and grate it yourself.
  • Tuplatano
    Options
    Not a recipe, but a carb/calorie cutting tip. When you make rice, make a mix of rice and riced cauliflower. Play with the proportions to see how much cauliflower rice you can handle before it stops tasting like rice. I usually do about 2/3 riced cauliflower, 1/3 rice. You can find it fresh at a lot of grocery stores, frozen at pretty much every grocery store, or just buy a head of cauliflower and grate it yourself.

Thank you.. that's a good ideal. I will give it a try
  • itzcath
    itzcath Posts: 94 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Pinterest is your friend for recipes! Go wild. There is gazzilions of wonderful recipes with pictures and links directly to the food bloggers that create them. It can get frustrating navigating but if you save and categorize recipes you can always go back to them time and time again. Have a hankering for a certain food? Type it in the search bar and surf for hours if you want. I love that place for recipes, it's my daily go-to!
  • Tuplatano
    Options
    itzcath wrote: »
    Pinterest is your friend for recipes! Go wild. There is gazzilions of wonderful recipes with pictures and links directly to the food bloggers that create them. It can get frustrating navigating but if you save and categorize recipes you can always go back to them time and time again. Have a hankering for a certain food? Type it in the search bar and surf for hours if you want. I love that place for recipes, it's my daily go-to!

Thank you.. I been checking Pinterest once in a while.. but like you say navigation sometime is a pain. I find myself using Allrecipes a lot too